Yonder DFA'd

Sleepy Harold

6 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

What is the fascination with Mendick?

I don't think he'll be anything, but he's got a sliver of chance to be something whereas as Goins and Escobar we already know suck balls at major league baseball.Ā  May as well give the kid a shot.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

LookedĀ good in spring training. Has someĀ pop. Works counts/takes walks.Ā Defensively versatile. He's just kinda a moderately interesting guy. I wouldn't be against seeing what he can do.Ā 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The Sox could easilyĀ  make 4Ā moves today THAT MAKE SENSE and fly all 4Ā guys from Charlotte by the bulkĀ 

Friday's SP for Alonso (DFA)

Mendick for Rondon (DFA to make room on the 40)Ā 

Palka for Cordell (straight 25 man move)

Goins / Escobar for Ruiz/Viera (DFA to make room on the 40 - TA IL if it's Viera)Ā 

Ā 

Then you send Goins/Escobar back down when Covey is ready to rejoin the rotation.Ā 

I like your moves

4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

The Sox could easilyĀ  make 4Ā moves today THAT MAKE SENSE and fly all 4Ā guys from Charlotte by the bulkĀ 

Friday's SP for Alonso (DFA)

Mendick for Rondon (DFA to make room on the 40)Ā 

Palka for Cordell (straight 25 man move)

Goins / Escobar for Ruiz/Viera (DFA to make room on the 40 - TA IL if it's Viera)Ā 

Ā 

Then you send Goins/Escobar back down when Covey is ready to rejoin the rotation.Ā 

I think Tilson will go before Cordell.Ā 

13 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I like him, I think he could be a Tyler Saladino player that is versatile and has home run pop even if not a plus offensive player. I don't think he'll be a disaster if not overexposed, but he does tend to be very streaky while never bottoming out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

The move does open up a spot on the 40 so you would think it would be for someone not on the 40-man being added.

None of the pitchers that could pitch tomorrow are on the 40 man.Ā Ā 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

they won't eat 9 million.Ā 

They will eat 4.5 million.

I don't think you are correct here.Ā  They eat the whole $9MM unless some other team picks him up for the minimum pro rata.

8 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Makes sense then.

Edit: who are the options? Drawing a blank at the moment.

There really aren't many options.Ā  Kubat or Nicolino.

Detwiler pitched Monday.Ā  Santiago Tuesday.Ā  Covey Wednesday.Ā  Cease tonight.Ā Ā 

Its either Kubat, Nicolino or maybe Banuelos is ready to go by tomorrow?Ā Ā 

6 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I don't think Collins will see regular at bats until we have a third catcher or he's back in Triple-A.

He will still see regular at bats when Welington comes back.Ā  Catillo will just play against LHP.Ā  It works well.Ā Ā 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

He will still see regular at bats when Welington comes back.Ā  Catillo will just play against LHP.Ā  It works well.Ā Ā 

It was more in reference to if Palka is truly coming up (someone said he's not in the Charlotte lineup).

Edit: unless he's *gulp* going to play RF.

Edited by soxfan2014

3 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I don't think you are correct here.Ā  They eat the whole $9MM unless some other team picks him up for the minimum pro rata.

In the sense that they've already paid him about half his salary. The sunk cost would be whatever they owe him.

Edited by soxfan2014

5 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Palka and pitcher then? How awful wouldĀ an Eloy, Jay, Palka OF look? Yikes.

Gross, but at this point I am fine with it.Ā  I'd really prefer they just keep Leury in CF and Jay in RF most days.Ā  But I guess we'll see what they do soon enough.Ā Ā 

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Biggest waste of $9 million ever?

First,Ā he failed at recruiting. Ā Next, he failed at hitting better than Brian Anderson.

What an absolute pile of suck. Ā Good riddance.

His time here reminds me of the scene in the Dark Knight when the Joker burns the pile of cash.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

Ā 

His time here reminds me of the scene in the Dark Knight when the Joker burns the pile of cash.

Yep, and the only thing saving the Dark Nova is that our rotation is in shambles. Ā Another waste of $9 million.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

• bmags unpinned this topic
  • Quin pinned, unpinned and locked this topic