Yonder DFA'd

Sleepy Harold

2 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They could have waited a week with the charity event. Regarding what may happen in the future as Sox historian Rich Lindberg once wrote "Expect the unexpected with the White Sox." 

Nothing surprises me anyone with this group and I wouldn't be shocked if someone did pick him up and he started producing, that's the way the White Sox roll.

You would have complained about that too. That's why nobody takes you seriously. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, TaylorStSox said:

You would have complained about that too. That's why nobody takes you seriously. 

This coming from the person who thinks Hahn is doing a good job.

Your honor I rest my case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

They could have waited a week with the charity event. Regarding what may happen in the future as Sox historian Rich Lindberg once wrote "Expect the unexpected with the White Sox." 

Nothing surprises me anyone with this group and I wouldn't be shocked if someone did pick him up and he started producing, that's the way the White Sox roll.

This whole “keep him for charity event” is so stupid. They face the division leader and 3 RHP this weekend. Perfect time for Collins and Palka to both be in the lineup.  

• Like 1

i find it amazing he couldnt perform to around league average to make another $9m. instead he was one of the worst player in the league... good riddance.

Thankfully it was justified but will likely cause trouble with possible future FA with creative contracts/options.

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

This coming from the same yokel that complained the entire 05 season. You lost every shred of credibility back then. 

I did? me thinks you are confusing me with Jay Mariotti.

And personally I could care less if you think I lost credibility or not.

As always I look forward to your enlightened responses, personally I'm glad to be of service to you... always enjoy it when you get irritated! 😃 

• Thanks 1

Just now, fathom said:

This whole “keep him for charity event” is so stupid. They face the division leader and 3 RHP this weekend. Perfect time for Collins and Palka to both be in the lineup.  

You are assuming Palka will be called up and maybe it's not a big deal but the way the media attacks every single thing about the Sox I'd think it would be a factor. Maybe it shouldn't be but already in the stories I've seen one of the first things mentioned was his charity event.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Kinda just highlights the fact it should have been done weeks ago. 

Just now, Lip Man 1 said:

As always I look forward to your enlightened responses, personally I'm glad to be of service to you... always enjoy it when you get irritated! 😃 

Not really. Jay Mariotti is a working "journalist. "😁

I made myself lol with that one. 

Just now, TaylorStSox said:

Not really. Jay Mariotti is a working "journalist. "😁

I made myself lol with that one. 

I don't think he is anymore but I could be wrong on that one. One thing I do know, I'm still working in the business.

• Like 1

And yeah, based on the rebuild being exactly where it's supposed to be despite injuries to Kopech, Rodon, Dunning, Hansen, Burdi, Hamilton, Adolfo, Basabe, Lambert, Burger and a few others kind of shows that Hahn might know what he's doing. He absolutely fleeced the Cubs and Nationals and we still have a shitload of money to spend. I know, it doesn't fit the Soxtalk narrative though. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Can Sanchez even play SS with his arm?   From what I remember it was too weak for SS.  Which makes sense since they barely play him there.  

If Sanchez can’t play SS then we shouldn’t be so eager to trade Rodon who can do so halfway decently.   

How is Mendicks defense at SS?

1 minute ago, jamesdiego said:

Can Sanchez even play SS with his arm?   From what I remember it was too weak for SS.  Which makes sense since they barely play him there.  

If Sanchez can’t play SS then we shouldn’t be so eager to trade Rodon who can do so halfway decently.   

I think Mendick has played all over the infield at Charlotte this year.

At least Rick's not one to hold onto his failures forever. 

First Santana and now Alonso. 

I think what's kind of funny is that Jon Jay coming back probably shortened Yonder's time on this team. 

Edited by chw42

5 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

I think Mendick has played all over the infield at Charlotte this year.

Mendick has played SS more than any other position in the minors.  He's played all SS, 2B and 3B about this same this season, with a little LF sprinkled in (including getting the start in LF tonight).  

Can't speak to his defense at SS specifically, but think he's known to be a solid defender.  

10 minutes ago, jamesdiego said:

Yolmer started at 3rd for most of a season.  Can he be any worse at SS?  

2 minutes ago, chw42 said:

At least Rick's not one to hold onto his failures forever. 

First Santana and now Alonso. 

I think what's kind of funny is that Jon Jay coming back probably shortened Yonder's time on this team. 

Other years Yonder probably sticks around, but they're running out of time to try guys out. 

27 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Couldn't*

53 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

About damn time. Get Palka back up here too. 

Garcia, CF

Moncada, 3B

Jimenez, LF

Abreu, 1B

McCann, C

Collins, DH

Anderson, SS

Palka, RF

Sanchez, 2B

I want to see that lineup with Castillo, Cordell, and Jay on the bench.

Palka is awful. Amazing how many sox fans still think he is worthy of a mlb roster spot 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SouthWallace said:

Yolmer started at 3rd for most of a season.  Can he be any worse at SS?  

You need a strong arm for SS though.  Sometimes needing to make throws while going away from first base.  I don’t think Yolmer has that arm to play there for longer than emergencies.  Garcia and Rondon have strong enough arms.   

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Palka is awful. Amazing how many sox fans still think he is worthy of a mlb roster spot 

He has shown good on base skills in Charlotte this year and throughout his minor league career.

He also has shown the ability to hit a baseball really fucking hard.

What does someone like Charlie Tilson bring to the table offensively? Or Cordell?

• bmags unpinned this topic
  • Quin pinned, unpinned and locked this topic