Yonder DFA'd

Sleepy Harold

22 minutes ago, oldsox said:

I don't think you are correct here.  They eat the whole $9MM unless some other team picks him up for the minimum pro rata.

but he played for them for half the year.

Hahn should face the media for this and own it like a man. He said (or lied) with a straight face saying this had nothing to do with Mcachado and that it was a good fit for the team. At least call it what it was. Hahn has to be the worst GM in baseball right now - maybe ever. Anybody can make the Eaton, Quintana, Sale trades. You get the best talent for your best players. 

He should be judged by his drafting and utterly abysmal FA signings.  Do Sox now have the record for signing terrible washed up “power hitting” lefties to awful contracts.

At least we got to see Carson Fulmer pitch, that’s wasn’t a complete bust. 

Thanks, Rick.  Maybe you me next great move can be an extension for Ricky. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Both Collins and Rondon are capable of playing 1B.

I am sure Cordell or even Leury could play 1B too.  Cordell played alot of IF before coming over to the Sox.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

His time here reminds me of the scene in the Dark Knight when the Joker burns the pile of cash.

Hahn was on the same wavelength as the Joker. It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. Unfortunately for Manny, it WAS about the money. He didn't give a damn about Yonder and Jay being there. 

Edited by ron883

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Hahn was on the same wavelength as the Joker. It's not about the money, it's about sending a message. Unfortunately for Manny, it WAS about the money. He didn't give a damn about Yonder and Jay being there. 

It always is especially if they say "it's not about the money".

12 minutes ago, Special K said:

Hahn should face the media for this and own it like a man. He said (or lied) with a straight face saying this had nothing to do with Mcachado and that it was a good fit for the team. At least call it what it was. Hahn has to be the worst GM in baseball right now - maybe ever. Anybody can make the Eaton, Quintana, Sale trades. You get the best talent for your best players. 

He should be judged by his drafting and utterly abysmal FA signings.  Do Sox now have the record for signing terrible washed up “power hitting” lefties to awful contracts.

At least we got to see Carson Fulmer pitch, that’s wasn’t a complete bust. 

Thanks, Rick.  Maybe you me next great move can be an extension for Ricky. 

Not defending him, but Hahn should be judged by all aspects of his job.  Saying anyone can make those trades isn't true.  Theo even said Hahn insisted on Cease and held out.  Maybe someone else doesn't.  If Alonso hit his career average he would have been an overpay but would have provided some  L-R balance.  If he catches on and does significantly better maybe being the recipient of all the Machado shit did affect him.  He didn't ask to be here and man he fell off the cliff.  Wish he had done well and been flippable, glad they cut bait.

6 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

Not defending him, but Hahn should be judged by all aspects of his job.  Saying anyone can make those trades isn't true.  Theo even said Hahn insisted on Cease and held out.  Maybe someone else doesn't.  If Alonso hit his career average he would have been an overpay but would have provided some  L-R balance.  If he catches on and does significantly better maybe being the recipient of all the Machado shit did affect him.  He didn't ask to be here and man he fell off the cliff.  Wish he had done well and been flippable, glad they cut bait.

No more excuses.  Yes, Hahn has made good trades but that has nothing to do with how awful of an acquisition Alonso was.  Trading a prospect and helping a division opponent free up $9 million in a failed attempt at signing his brother-in-law who you wouldn’t show the money to is a massive whiff.  Alonso isn’t even a good power bat over his career.  Hahn blew it.

Edited by Moan4Yoan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

No more excuses.  Yes, Hahn has made good trades but that has nothing to do with how awful of an acquisition Alonso was.  Trading a prospect and helping a division opponent free up $9 million in a failed attempt at signing his brother-in-law who you wouldn’t show the money to is a massive whiff.  Alonso isn’t even a good power bat over his career.  Hahn blew it.

Alex Call is not a prospect.  But yah, Alonso sucks.  I figured he wasn't the least of our worries heading into the season, but he was in fact dreadful and should have been cut a few weeks ago.  But he is now. 

He was horrific but I don't like the timing with the charity event. He was good for one thing, helping us beat Cleveland. Now we can go back to being Cleveland's patsy I'd think, at least for the rest of this year.

I am not a Hahn guy. I think he is smart, seems like a good guy, but if I had a team, he would have zero chance of being the GM. That said, at least he cut bait on this mistake. I just wonder had they signed Machado would Yonder had a job no matter what?

1 minute ago, greg775 said:

He was horrific but I don't like the timing with the charity event. He was good for one thing, helping us beat Cleveland. Now we can go back to being Cleveland's patsy I'd think, at least for the rest of this year.

Yeah the Sox may take a PR hit here. Maybe waiting a couple of days avoids that, but it was overdue and no one could justify his roster spot.  I am sure all of his now ex teammates will still be at his event, and unlike most humans losing his job isn't going to hurt his bank account.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

What is the fascination with Mendick?

Though I never used to think about it, I've recently developed a rather unsettling fascination with Mendick. The prospect of watching Mendick hanging around multiple positions is intriguing. 

• Like 1

Alonso before this season put together some ok years. His k to walk was decent, decent average, and ok power. But even before this year, he was strictly batting against righties, he wasnt a full time player, other teams saw that. We didnt see that, and paid him like a full time player.  

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

Lol, such a Lip response.  

They could have waited a week with the charity event. Regarding what may happen in the future as Sox historian Rich Lindberg once wrote "Expect the unexpected with the White Sox." 

Nothing surprises me anyone with this group and I wouldn't be shocked if someone did pick him up and he started producing, that's the way the White Sox roll.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Taylor St. aka Rick's kid would probably say he's killing it. Only paid $230,769.23 per hit for Yonder.

I'm so in your head you're bringing me up in thread's I'm not even involved in. You're a grown ass man too. Probably with kids and shit. Get yourself together, ya weirdo. 

• Love 2

• bmags unpinned this topic
  • Quin pinned, unpinned and locked this topic