White Sox to Call Up Palka

DirtySox

5 minutes ago, Lillian said:

I'll defer to you on that topic. Apparently you have more knowledge about the nature and quality of Engel's hands and wrists. I have no such knowledge and try not to pontificate about such things. However, one has to wonder why the Sox would not have just DFA'd him, long ago, if that were the case. 

If you look at their hands in an at-bat. Watch on a pitch their fooled on. Tim can change his hand path seperate of his body and he gets his wrists turned over when hes fooled so he can generate some power and not just he stuck underneath or pulling off (popping it up or weakly grounding). Engel is always in between, and his hands move so little through his swing path. Stiff wrists.

42 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

If you look at their hands in an at-bat. Watch on a pitch their fooled on. Tim can change his hand path seperate of his body and he gets his wrists turned over when hes fooled so he can generate some power and not just he stuck underneath or pulling off (popping it up or weakly grounding). Engel is always in between, and his hands move so little through his swing path. Stiff wrists.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try to watch for that, the next time I'm viewing a Knights' game. Do you think that's a function of some physical limitation, or just poor mechanics?

Edited by Lillian

32 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll try to watch for that, the next time I'm viewing a Knights' game. Do you think that's a function of some physical limitation, or just poor mechanics?

I think that's mostly physical limitation. You cant teach someone to do the things Ichiro could do with his hands or even madrigal. I feel great about madrigal because his bat to ball skills are unreal.

When engel is fooled, he never adjusts his path to the ball - never can he keep his hands back nor can he redirect the bat path with solely his hands. The plane he is on is the plane he's on. Those are bad bat to ball skills. He has tried everything - different stances, hand locations, strides but it's none of those things. His hands and wrists just dont move with his eyes very well. That's not going to change. He's struggled through most of his minor league career too.

But those two tools people love. He's McKay Chritensen 2.0.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run