Futures Game Thread

Tnetennba

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Weakly flies out. I blame Keith Law for this.

3 uninspired at bats for Robert.

Man, there are like 5 or 6 guys who were drafted after Collins in 2016 playing in this game. The Sox refusal to use first round picks on high end prep talent is still dumfounding to me. 

The problem with the broadcast is too many talking heads and they think the viewers are more interested in Thome and Griffey than they are on the prospects. I mean hey it's great that Thome thinks everything is great and that Harold and Griffey can joke around together but come on now talk about the game and the prospects . That last Robert AB you barely knew he was up.

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

The problem with the broadcast is too many talking heads and they think the viewers are more interested in Thome and Griffey than they are on the prospects. I mean hey it's great that Thome thinks everything is great and that Harold and Griffey can joke around together but come on now talk about the game and the prospects . That last Robert AB you barely knew he was up.

Total crap broadcast.  Not having the gameday app also makes this confusing.

18 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

3 uninspired at bats for Robert.

Man, there are like 5 or 6 guys who were drafted after Collins in 2016 playing in this game. The Sox refusal to use first round picks on high end prep talent is still dumfounding to me. 

Collins played in the game last year and is currently in the major leagues...

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Yeah they treated this game as they would a celebrity softball game on All Star week

2 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Sam Huff is only 21 and was a 7th round pick. Who has more current value, Collins or Huff? 

Listen watching the futures game and just asking every at bat why the Sox didn’t draft that player is boring and nobody cares.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, PolishPrince34 said:

I would take Will Myers contract if you threw in Patino in the deal. Nasty and athletic!!!

Padres aren't trading away that dude just for $$$. 

Speaking of the Padres, did Tatis Junior play in this game last year? Most of the guys playing in the game right now are older than him. That is pretty insane. 

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Just a general annoyance...have any of our guys done any damage in any of the recent Futures games?

Eloy and moncada werent our guys when they did. I remember Kopech being filthy