White Sox vs Twins 7:10 PM CT Detwiler vs Berrios

Kyyle23

48 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Sox love to wait as long as possible to make roster move announcements.  No reason for these not to have been announced this morning.  

It's pretty common around the league. Probably in case something last minute happens (trade, another player has a non-baseball injury, etc.).

13 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Meh, don't really buy that.  If that is the case, why ever announce SP beforehand?  

Because most teams can guess who your pitcher is going to be. In this case it may be to keep them guessing, any other scenarios of us doing this is dumb. 

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

It's pretty common around the league. Probably in case something last minute happens (trade, another player has a non-baseball injury, etc.).

You can still change your pitcher if something does take place like that. 

53 minutes ago, mqr said:

Detweiler V. Berrios is about the worst matchup imaginable for pre-game excitement.

One sliver of hope for the Sox:  Minnesota played an 18 inning game at home yesterday, using 9 relief pitchers.  They could be a wee bit tired.  Of course with Berrios going for them tonight, it might not matter.

BTW, our buddy Avisail Garcia went 0 for 8 in that game for Tampa.  Is that a "double horse collar" ? :)

Assuming Moncada has to sit and the Sox have a boner for Leury at SS right now, why not go with this lineup again RHP:

Leury SS, Jay CF, Abreu 1B, McCann C, Palka RF, Eloy LF, Collins DH, Sanchez 2B, Rondon 3B

If you're going to have Palka on the roster with Collins, you best be prepared to play him in OF, otherwise he makes absolutely zero sense on the roster. 

• Thanks 1

Can't believe Collins isn't getting ABs.

Also if Moncada is out who is the back up INF if someone gets hurt? This is exactly why I would have preferred Mendick up instead of Palka so we had an INF guy who can also play OF if needed

Edited by BigHurt3515

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Abreu's refusal to DH regularly is infuriating. 

Let Collins play first so you don't have to put yourself in a position to lose your DH, because that is 100% why he's not playing. 

Ricky put McCann and Castillo in the line up together all the time

1 minute ago, mqr said:

Abreu's refusal to DH regularly is infuriating. 

Let Collins play first so you don't have to put yourself in a position to lose your DH, because that is 100% why he's not playing. 

Yep. Which is why I said earlier in a thread that Collins isn't going to get regular at bats until Wely is back or hes at AAA.

Well, I for one like Palka, and if it's gonna be DH, I would rather have his much more potent bat than Collins. If Collins is not catching and gaining experience there, why have his weak bat in the lineup?  Here's a crazy idea: let's have our best available hitters bat and try to win the game because I don't see the Sox winning this game 2 to 1. 

If he's not playing RF, I don't get why you guys are so down on Palka. I don't even start to see what makes Collins so much a better choice than Palka. 

23 minutes ago, mqr said:

He's done it a handful of times and it's bitten him. They've lost the DH twice in, what, 15 days?

I think only once is it because of the Catcher being DH if that. The only way it has to happen is if McCann got hurt and that hasn't happened this year

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic