White Sox vs Twins 7:10 PM CT Detwiler vs Berrios

Kyyle23

1 hour ago, ChiSox59 said:

Meh, don't really buy that.  If that is the case, why ever announce SP beforehand?  

I'm almost positive that the media works on their own to report probable starters 99% of the time. If you have inside knowledge of the team, it has to be the easiest thing in the world to figure out. I mean, once they called up Detwiler, there was only one reason to do so. The rotation is clearly easy to project barring injury. It's not like Ricky is phoning reporters or opposing teams to announce his starter. 

What's more... why should they announce moves in the morning? 

39 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Can't believe Collins isn't getting ABs.

Also if Moncada is out who is the back up INF if someone gets hurt? This is exactly why I would have preferred Mendick up instead of Palka so we had an INF guy who can also play OF if needed

I do preferred Mendick. 

But Cordell can definitely play the IF if need be. He played a lot of infield in the minors, though the Sox have yet to use him there at all in minors or majors. 

56 minutes ago, justBLAZE said:

SS Garcia

RF Jay

1B Abreu

C McCann

DH Palka

LF Jiminez

2B Sanchez

CF Tilson

3B Rondon

This lineup without TA and Moncada really tests my gag reflex. 

9 minutes ago, Richie said:

I'm almost positive that the media works on their own to report probable starters 99% of the time. If you have inside knowledge of the team, it has to be the easiest thing in the world to figure out. I mean, once they called up Detwiler, there was only one reason to do so. The rotation is clearly easy to project barring injury. It's not like Ricky is phoning reporters or opposing teams to announce his starter. 

What's more... why should they announce moves in the morning? 

With the way this day has gone with injuries probably making sure there wasn't a car or plane crash.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mqr said:

Abreu's refusal to DH regularly is infuriating. 

Let Collins play first so you don't have to put yourself in a position to lose your DH, because that is 100% why he's not playing. 

Collins absolutely should be getting regular AB's. You can easily work Abreu, Palka, and Collins into the same lineup without risking losing the DH later in the game. So stupid.

10 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Collins absolutely should be getting regular AB's. You can easily work Abreu, Palka, and Collins into the same lineup without risking losing the DH later in the game. So stupid.

That plan has to include Abreu DHing. He won't do it. 

I agree that Collins should be getting regular at-bats.

Edited by mqr

9 minutes ago, mqr said:

That plan has to include Abreu DHing. He won't do it. 

I agree that Collins should be getting regular at-bats.

I know it is now hip to hate Jose Abreu, but the new narrative that he won't DH is a bit ridiculous.  He has done it 22 times, besides there is nothing that prevents Collins from doing it.

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I know it is now hip to hate Jose Abreu, but the new narrative that he won't DH is a bit ridiculous.  He has done it 22 times, besides there is nothing that prevents Collins from doing it.

This is a beef I’ve had about abreu since they had LaRoche, who was terrible obviously but at least was a better defender. 

9 minutes ago, Colinski said:

He looked like he has multiple competitive pitches and wasn’t a clown show to get outs like his predecessor

I noticed his changeup was only 3 MPH difference, if he can get that down to the 6-8 MPH range it would help him out a lot

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic