White Sox vs Twins 7:10 PM CT Detwiler vs Berrios

Kyyle23

4 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Just checking in. We brought up a first round draft pick nine games ago and so far he has 14 PAs. Did we decide with absolute finality that he’s a platoon player? That he cannot hit lefties and never will learn? That he is so certainly a future .230 hitter that he should be benched in favor of Dogshit Palka?

This franchise sucks.

Now this we agree on

6 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Just checking in. We brought up a first round draft pick nine games ago and so far he has 14 PAs. Did we decide with absolute finality that he’s a platoon player? That he cannot hit lefties and never will learn? That he is so certainly a future .230 hitter that he should be benched in favor of Dogshit Palka?

This franchise sucks.

So maybe the plan is to trade him and bet on McCann for the next 7 yrs?

On a really, really bad day Detwiler stepped up and gave them a shot in the arm. Herrera meanwhile looks likes he's completely lost it.

Another "brilliant" find for Hahn and the pro scouting section of the organization.

And I know Palka got off to that embarrassing start but is he really hitting .026? Is that correct or did the box score get it wrong?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

On a really, really bad day Detwiler stepped up and gave them a shot in the arm. Herrera meanwhile looks likes he's completely lost it.

Another "brilliant" find for Hahn and the pro scouting section of the organization.

And I know Palka got off to that embarrassing start but is he really hitting .026? Is that correct or did the box score get it wrong?

No, that is correct. He's 1 for 39 on the season. 

3 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

No, that's correct. He was 1 for 35 when he got sent down.

He started the season 0 for 34 and got a hit on his last AB, of his final day up with the White Sox before being sent to Charlotte. 

Edited by Richie

Damn just examined the box score and watched highlights. This whole page of this thread is negative. Geez. We beat Minnesota. My guy Abreu with the nice dig on the double play BTW. I guess those plays are expected. Beautiful bomb by Eloy. As much as our leadoff hitter is meh to me, I won't argue if somebody wants to call him a nice player. He gets a lot of hits. Always nice to beat Minnie. I assume that guy we started is just another guy. At any rate, we win. I happy.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

My God above. THIS is a Major Leaguer? Even Engle hit better than that and could catch the ball. 

Well to be fair, you can't judge him by what he did earlier.  Since he came back up, he's hitting....never mind that's .000.

I'm still trying to figure out why Collins didn't play instead of Palka tonight. Barrios is nasty no doubt, but let the kid see ML pitching. Him rotting on the bench and having a AAAA player out there isn't helping his development. He's eventually going to have to sink or swim. It's a rebuilding season get him his AB's.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Damn just examined the box score and watched highlights. This whole page of this thread is negative. Geez. We beat Minnesota. My guy Abreu with the nice dig on the double play BTW. I guess those plays are expected. Beautiful bomb by Eloy. As much as our leadoff hitter is meh to me, I won't argue if somebody wants to call him a nice player. He gets a lot of hits. Always nice to beat Minnie. I assume that guy we started is just another guy. At any rate, we win. I happy.

Leury Garcia is a good stop-gap, lead-off hitter on a rebuilding team like the White Sox. Is a serviceable hitter with good speed and can play a multitude of positions well.

On any team worth their salt, he's an ideal utility man and nothing more. 

He's fine for now.

1 minute ago, Richie said:

Leury Garcia is a good stop-gap, lead-off hitter on a rebuilding team like the White Sox. Is a serviceable hitter with good speed and can play a multitude of positions well.

He's fine for now.

Yeah I never liked him but tonight I'm giving him props. He does a nice job for the most part and that's all I can ask on such a lousy team. I tip my cap to Leury. Seems to me he has a lot of multi hit games. He's like a modern day Lance Johnson (in a good Lance year).

1 minute ago, Richie said:

He's fine for now.

Leury is going to end the season at 3+ WAR if he continues what he's doing.  Pretty valuable asset.

50 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

you didnt say that detwiler was a good pick up for today but you said that Herrera was a bad one.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Leury is going to end the season at 3+ WAR if he continues what he's doing.  Pretty valuable asset.

No doubt. I just don't think he's a lead off hitter for a contender. That's all

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic