Tim Anderson high ankle sprain

Princess Dye

If it's six weeks I think it's reasonable to suggest he's done for the season if we are way way behind in the standings. That's one thing about tanking. If we ultimately really start dropping games in bunches,, why would you play Timmy on a weak ankle? He doesn't need the at bats for his development. He is who he is. A free swinger who is not going to draw walks but flail away and have a good game more often than not.

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

k.. guess I don't know the 10 Dl rules - you can put a guy on the 10 day continually?

they also made his 10 day retroactive.

If you put him on the 60 day, he’s out at least 60 days. 

But yes, if you put a guy on the 10 day, he can stay on there longer than 10 days. 

1 hour ago, greg775 said:

If it's six weeks I think it's reasonable to suggest he's done for the season if we are way way behind in the standings. That's one thing about tanking. If we ultimately really start dropping games in bunches,, why would you play Timmy on a weak ankle? He doesn't need the at bats for his development. He is who he is. A free swinger who is not going to draw walks but flail away and have a good game more often than not.

This whole take is wild, but this goes to a whole nother level

The good news coming out of Anderson's injury is seeing Garcia play short so adequately.  I didn't remember how competent he can be all over the field.  A guy this versatile allows the team to carry an extra catcher or pitcher on a championship team.

• Like 1

Ricky sounded pretty positive when talking about Timmy pre game. Said he’s getting around pretty well even with the boot off. He said “hopefully a short IL stint.” 

Even to get Tim back less than a week after the ASG would be huge. 

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Wow. that's pretty fast. Must not have been a very serious one. It's a good sign for his future health and injuries to the joint.

have you ever worked with someone that has hamstring syndrome?  I believe I have it.  About a month ago I did three days of really hard workouts in a row, including a hike and leg day and woke up unable to basically bend down to put my pants on.  It's much better a few weeks later but still flares up in the mornings or if I sit too long.  I've taken to trying to stand as much as possible at work.

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

have you ever worked with someone that has hamstring syndrome?  I believe I have it.  About a month ago I did three days of really hard workouts in a row, including a hike and leg day and woke up unable to basically bend down to put my pants on.  It's much better a few weeks later but still flares up in the mornings or if I sit too long.  I've taken to trying to stand as much as possible at work.

Does the pain shoot down the leg or does it stay just really high near the hip?

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Does the pain shoot down the leg or does it stay just really high near the hip?

It's from the bottom of my glutes on the "outside" to about halfway to the knee.  It's quite localized but feels "deep" if that makes any sense.  I wouldn't say it's a "shooting" pain it all it's rather sorta of a dull ache or "tightness".  I thought when it first happened I could stretch it out but that just made it worse, which is why my self-diag was a nerve issue.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

It's from the bottom of my glutes on the "outside" to about halfway to the knee.  It's quite localized but feels "deep" if that makes any sense.  

It could be hamstring syndrome or a high hamstring tendonopathy. A good thing to do for that is to take a firm ball lacrosse ball or tennis ball and sit on it with it right below your "butt bone" or ischial tuberosity. Lean to the opposite side so most of the weight is on the opposite side and move side to side to gently massage the hamstring origin.

The other thing to do is to stretch the upper hamstring. Sit with your legs out in front of you and keeping your back straight lean forward at your hips.  This will stretch the hamstring origin.

The other thing to check is to be sure it's not a nerve irritation from your low back. Lay on your stomach and straighten out your arms while keeping your hips on the floor. This will do extreme extension in your low back, hold that position for a couple of minutes to see if your symptoms change. If this changes the symptoms dramatically it could be a spinal issue.

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

It could be hamstring syndrome or a high hamstring tendonopathy. A good thing to do for that is to take a firm ball lacrosse ball or tennis ball and sit on it with it right below your "butt bone" or ischial tuberosity. Lean to the opposite side so most of the weight is on the opposite side and move side to side to gently massage the hamstring origin.

The other thing to do is to stretch the upper hamstring. Sit with your legs out in front of you and keeping your back straight lean forward at your hips.  This will stretch the hamstring origin.

The other thing to check is to be sure it's not a nerve irritation from your low back. Lay on your stomach and straighten out your arms while keeping your hips on the floor. This will do extreme extension in your low back, hold that position for a couple of minutes to see if your symptoms change. If this changes the symptoms dramatically it could be a spinal issue.

Thanks so much!  Always appreciate your insight.

Edited by chitownsportsfan