White Sox vs Twins 3:12 PM Nova vs Pineda

Kyyle23

10 minutes ago, WBWSF said:

Bring Cease up. Lets see what he can do. What do you have to lose? We have a starting pitching staff that can't get anybody out.

I believed you are proving my point. Bring up Cease because there is no one else. In a sense, the team has nothing to lose except that Cease may not be ready and calling up now would be a bad idea for several reasons. Yet, I understand your frustration. Watching other teams fatten their averages on White Sox pitching is no fun.

Well...that wasn't any fun today. Nova is flat out bad like most of the other off season acquisitions. AND he's even worse at home if you look at his numbers. Bullpen also sucked. The lowest ERA of all the pitchers used today is 5.3...words fail me.

The good news? To the best of my knowledge nobody else got hurt and is out for the season.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

When you compare the off season acquisitions of the Sox and the Twins....ouch 

There is no comparison.

Regarding Fulmer, he's a very draft pick pick who has done NOTHING but I understand why the Sox keep giving him chances...because they decided to draft him in the first place in that position. However I think he's out of options now (someone please help correct me if I'm wrong). I suggest sometime this off season perhaps on a busy sports news day (so it will get lost in the shuffle) the Sox are going to flat out cut him.

I hate getting spanked by the Twins.  Plus they have a front office that knows what they are doing.  They score a shit ton of runs and have a good farm system they can use to supplement themselves by calling up prospects and/or use them as trade bait.

Sorry but I rarely get to sit down and watch a whole game and when it's an ass kicking like 4 out of 5 of the Twins games have been it's disheartening.

The good news is that I can't watch tomorrow so Giolito should be lights out.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

I believed you are proving my point. Bring up Cease because there is no one else. In a sense, the team has nothing to lose except that Cease may not be ready and calling up now would be a bad idea for several reasons. Yet, I understand your frustration. Watching other teams fatten their averages on White Sox pitching is no fun.

When the White Sox brought up Chris Sale, he was in the bullpen for awhile before he was in the starting rotation. If Cease is brought up and they put him in the bullpen to get his feet wet  up here, so be it.

• Like 1

Cease is more than ready. I've been saying it for 2 weeks. I'm with you, @WBWSF. Let him come up and take his bumps. If he loses his confidence and never recovers, then he's mentally weak and he was never going to make it as a big contributor anyhow. Let's get to work!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WBWSF said:

Bring Cease up. Lets see what he can do. What do you have to lose? We have a starting pitching staff that can't get anybody out.

IMO they should bring Robert, Madrigal and Cease up asap.  No matter how you do it...almost every prospect comes up and struggles a bit.  Moncada, Anderson, Eloy and Gio all came up and looked bad.  They need to get comfortable with the speed of the major league game.  The sooner we let them take their lumps the sooner they are productive.  As far as development goes...Eloy now looks far better defensively as Boston is working with him every day.  The major league coaches in theory are the best in the organization.  Why not have the golden boy prospects work with the best coaches.

7 minutes ago, poppysox said:

IMO they should bring Robert, Madrigal and Cease up asap.  No matter how you do it...almost every prospect comes up and struggles a bit.  Moncada, Anderson, Eloy and Gio all came up and looked bad.  They need to get comfortable with the speed of the major league game.  The sooner we let them take their lumps the sooner they are productive.  As far as development goes...Eloy now looks far better defensively as Boston is working with him every day.  The major league coaches in theory are the best in the organization.  Why not have the golden boy prospects work with the best coaches.

Madrigal never had great success in the minor leagues and even in Winston-Salem this year...at least until his final 2-3 weeks there.  The contact and defense were there, just not the xb power and pull capacity.

Robert, you can at least make an argument for a September recall...but I’m still not buying that they will do this until the April/May cutoff for a year of player control in 2020.  With the odds of signing Moncada and Robert to team-friendly extension because of how much money they’ve already received, you just can’t risk it.  All that said, if someone guaranteed Cole and one more solid starter in the rotation for 2020, pushing up Robert this year would at least be a reasonable or defensible position.  

Another reason would be them having the opportunity to make the postseason with Birmingham, but that might not be in the cards.  It’s not like a Madrigal hasn’t been around winning/success or proving doubters wrong his entire life.  But he still needs to go through an extended slump in Birmingham and come out the other side...at the very least.

With Cease and all the injury problems including his own history, would be much more inclined to give him an opportunity at the big league level sooner rather than later, but he’ll take his lumps for sure until his secondary pitches become more reliable.

Bottom line, we’re buried because of pitching woes and still need to be a bit patient with Robert and Nick.