White Sox vs Twins 3:12 PM Nova vs Pineda

Kyyle23

1 minute ago, fathom said:

2-0 count and takes fastball right down the plate. His patient approach will never work at this level given his awful bat speed.

Collins doesn't have MLB quality bat speed. He's never going to hit at the highest level. 

I've never thought he was much of a prospect the last two seasons. 

The rebuttal: But his OPS!

That was never going to work at the MLB level.  They still need Grandal and if they DFA him tomorrow I wouldn't care. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, fathom said:

2-0 count and takes fastball right down the plate. His patient approach will never work at this level given his awful bat speed.

Yeah, that was bad.  Up in the count 2-0, Collins should be looking to crush the next pitch.  Seems like he’s always trying to draw a walk.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There was a poster on WSI whose handle was Punch and Judy Garland. A lot of people called Jon Garland Judy because they thought he was mentally weak. 

What a coincidence - just like the sky is blue... huh?

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

David Ross

I laughed when I was at the grocery store after the Cubbies won and he had a cereal named after him....must have been one of those high fiber cereals.

Edited by wegner

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

Nope, definitely not enough to be a contributor at a position besides catcher

I don't even think he can hit well enough at Catcher. Look at Palka vs Collins and it's not even close. He's gonna make Alonso look competent. He's been a non prospect for years. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don’t think either is a MLB caliber player in the long run

Neither do I. But the fact that Collins looks so much worse and Hostetler had the audacity to say they'd have taken him 1st is scary. 

Edited by Jack Parkman