2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Thad Young is a really good signing. Bulls were priced out of the top pg market. That's fine. Guessing they give the rest of their cap to Beverly 

I don’t think they’ll be able to afford Beverly.

3 hours ago, Jake said:

Being the worst team is not worth the costs of trying to get there anymore, especially with where the Bulls are with a number of young pieces that would probably have to get traded or spend much of the season hurt (as was the case last year) in order to be near the bottom of the league

Exactly, look at the Knicks. They have been bottom feeders for years. 

26 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If you could get Russell for free and trade Lavine, would you? I would. Lavine doesn't mesh well with the rest of the team.  They play better when he's not on the court. 

I like Russel but I don’t think he’s the type of player you want to max out to average 22PPG and get bounced round 1 every year, that’s why the Wolves look to be the top suitors right now.  

Bulls can already do that with the talent they have once they all get some time together. Lavine is getting better every year but he was forced to play the point a lot , not an ideal situation. Coby is going to be able to get out and fly and Lavine will look much better in the offense. 

41 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If you could get Russell for free and trade Lavine, would you? I would. Lavine doesn't mesh well with the rest of the team.  They play better when he's not on the court. 

Lavine is our best hope for a star, so no idea why you’re so eager to trade him.  And why do you think they play better when he’s not on the court?

22 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lavine is our best hope for a star, so no idea why you’re so eager to trade him.  And why do you think they play better when he’s not on the court?

Lavine is JR Smith, and other teams haven't figured it out yet. The Bulls are much more efficient on offense and defense without Lavine on the court. Lavine's 25 pts are spread amongst the 5 guys on the floor when he's not playing, and the entire team plays better on both ends without him. He makes Markkanen worse by being on the floor with him. Markkanen without Lavine is a budding star. Markkanen with Lavine is an ok player. 

34 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Russell is not great.

Thaddeus Young was a nice pick up. Fills the exact need of a quality vet big who is also a great clubhouse guy. We will look back and be in a great spot in two years vs some of these teams that gave guys like Middleton or Tobias stupid contracts. 

Watch Nets moves back fire wIth Durant and Kylie both having a history of health issues. 

1 hour ago, Jack Parkman said:

Lavine is JR Smith, and other teams haven't figured it out yet. The Bulls are much more efficient on offense and defense without Lavine on the court. Lavine's 25 pts are spread amongst the 5 guys on the floor when he's not playing, and the entire team plays better on both ends without him. He makes Markkanen worse by being on the floor with him. Markkanen without Lavine is a budding star. Markkanen with Lavine is an ok player. 

Lavine shot almost 47% from the field not far removed from a torn acl. JR Smith has never even sniffed a year like Lavine just had and he’s only getting better. 

Russell is one of a handful or so players that had a higher usage rate than Lavine. So if you think Lavine is hurting Lauri...

Edited by Chi Town Sox

1 minute ago, Chi Town Sox said:

Lavine shot almost 47% from the field not far removed from a torn acl. JR Smith has never even sniffed a year like Lavine just had and he’s only getting better. 

What I mean is that he's a player that makes his teammates worse by his very presence. I can't necessarily say he's selfish, but it could be argued. Every time he was hurt under Hoiberg they played better basketball and won more games.  When he was healthy, they lost more games. I wish I could go look at the Bulls W-L record with and without Lavine since the Butler trade. 

47 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What I mean is that he's a player that makes his teammates worse by his very presence. I can't necessarily say he's selfish, but it could be argued. Every time he was hurt under Hoiberg they played better basketball and won more games.  When he was healthy, they lost more games. I wish I could go look at the Bulls W-L record with and without Lavine since the Butler trade. 

It's not like LaVine is inefficient or a chucker. I'd rather pay him $20 million a year for the next 3 years than pay Russell $30 million a year for the next 4. 

26 minutes ago, chw42 said:

It's not like LaVine is inefficient or a chucker. 

He absolutely was until last season. I happily admitted I was wrong about him in that he wasn't totally useless on both sides of the court. Now he's just useless on one side. Ideally, LaVine is a perfect 6th man, but we just do not have the talent up front to force him to a bench role. When he stops playing hero ball, he is very good offensively. Still dumb as shit, but he is very solid as a guy who can get off his own shot, can handle the ball and can space the floor. 

I'm hoping Markkanen can finally establish himself as the best player on the Bulls (by play and confidence wise) and I'm hoping guys like LaVine can stop thinking he is. 

4 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

He absolutely was until last season. I happily admitted I was wrong about him in that he wasn't totally useless on both sides of the court. Now he's just useless on one side. Ideally, LaVine is a perfect 6th man, but we just do not have the talent up front to force him to a bench role. When he stops playing hero ball, he is very good offensively. Still dumb as shit, but he is very solid as a guy who can get off his own shot, can handle the ball and can space the floor. 

I'm hoping Markkanen can finally establish himself as the best player on the Bulls (by play and confidence wise) and I'm hoping guys like LaVine can stop thinking he is. 

I gave him the benefit of the doubt since he was coming off the ACL tear. Before he hurt it, he was a .578 TS% guy and a .548 the year before. Those are solid numbers for a guy who takes as many shots as he does.