2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bmags said:

If yesterday’s moves of the league don’t make you completely fed up with the unimaginative vision of garpax I don’t know what will. 

Bulls stan me: They have cap space and flexibility for two years from now as Thad Young and Satoransky are only partially guaranteed third years.

Realistic me: I've fucking heard this before.

10 minutes ago, Quin said:

Bulls stan me: They have cap space and flexibility for two years from now as Thad Young and Satoransky are only partially guaranteed third years.

Realistic me: I've fucking heard this before.

Paxson said they didn’t go after Beverly cuz of the guaranteed 3 years and both Otto Porter and Feliciano come off the books in 2 years.  Paxson is once again hyping up big spending on superstars in 2 years.  😂

How “partially guaranteed” are Young and Satoransky’s 3rd years?

Edited by Moan4Yoan

1 minute ago, Quin said:

Buuuut now you gotta imagine they trade Dunn. I do enjoy Satoransky after hearing Stephen Noh wax poetic about him on Bulls HQ yesterday.

I don’t think they do. Satoransky plays multiple positions. You can create multiple lineups for Dunn, including Dunn/white. But if they can trade Dunn do it. 

14 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Paxson said they didn’t go after Beverly cuz of the guaranteed 3 years and both Otto Porter and Feliciano come off the books in 2 years.  Paxson is once again hyping up big spending on superstars in 2 years.  😂

How “partially guaranteed” are Young and Satoransky’s 3rd years?

We don't know the exact details of the partial guarantee yet. Just that they are.

Really like the Satoransky signing. The Bulls got 2 pretty good veteran role players on decent contracts. I would have liked Brogdon more but I do understand why they weren't willing to go 4 and 85 with him (along with the draft picks they'd have to send back).

5 minutes ago, Jake said:

Am I wrong or does it feel like more teams are trying to be competitive than ever?

The draft change has essentially screwed tanking to some extent.  The Bulls had the 4th worst record and a 12.5% chance at the #1 pick and wound up with the 7th pick.  New Orleans only had a 6% chance of getting the #1 overall pick and got Zion.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

The draft change has essentially screwed tanking to some extent.  Bulls has the 4th worst record and got the 7th overall pick.

Well that's what I'm thinking about as the potential cause. There are a number of teams that aren't projected to be good and partly because they already did their teardowns, but are they tanking? I don't know. Pelicans sort of tanked without tanking. Hawks and Mavs have assembled a bunch of young pieces, as have the Bulls. Knicks are terrible but they're still signing vets in free agency. Cleveland seems to be the team that isn't doing anything, but maybe I'm forgetting something.

I think the Knicks are trying to save some face with the fans but are failing miserably.  How many ex-Bulls does one team need?  The Knicks president actually apologized to the fans:

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2019/07/01/kevin-durant-kyrie-irving-bound-for-brooklyn/

Knicks President Steve Mills released a statement, saying, “While we understand that some Knicks fans could be disappointed with tonight’s news, we continue to be upbeat and confident in our plans to rebuild the Knicks to compete for championships in the future, through the draft, targeted free agents and continuing to build around our core of young players.”

1 hour ago, bmags said:

If yesterday’s moves of the league don’t make you completely fed up with the unimaginative vision of garpax I don’t know what will. 

There was nothing out there that I would have done. I actually think, given where the team was, they had a fantastic day. Signing any of those middle to good guys to those kind of contracts would have been a bad idea that actually locker in mediocrity. A lot of those contracts are going to be hard to move in a couple of years. 

Now I am bummed they couldn’t have been creative and landed a superstar but that was obviously not in their cards.  The team got better while maintaining flexibility. 

10 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

What I mean is that he's a player that makes his teammates worse by his very presence. I can't necessarily say he's selfish, but it could be argued. Every time he was hurt under Hoiberg they played better basketball and won more games.  When he was healthy, they lost more games. I wish I could go look at the Bulls W-L record with and without Lavine since the Butler trade. 

I know what you are trying to say but what I am saying is Lavine played out of position when they weren’t playing well. He’s not a pass first guy, they just need some time together  

I’m not saying that this tandem can’t be better but Look at February, the Bulls best month and their third month playing together.   They were playing very well together and were  .500 for the month, Lauri had a higher usage.  They point out that if you’re calling Lavine selfish at this point, it’s just a lazy take.  He’s a score first SG who played PG.   

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.blogabull.com/platform/amp/2019/2/28/18244315/the-bulls-keep-winning-because-markkanen-and-lavine-are-balling-and-thats-good

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

There was nothing out there that I would have done. I actually think, given where the team was, they had a fantastic day. Signing any of those middle to good guys to those kind of contracts would have been a bad idea that actually locker in mediocrity. A lot of those contracts are going to be hard to move in a couple of years. 

Now I am bummed they couldn’t have been creative and landed a superstar but that was obviously not in their cards.  The team got better while maintaining flexibility. 

When has landing a superstar ever been in the cards for the Bulls?

12 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

it not being in their cards is 100% their own fault. I really like satoransky and I like Young, but that's when you've already given up on idea the bulls can truly transform themselves into a contender. We have had flexibility for years, but they never cash in the chips. Even their foray with melo they tried to get him by offering him half the cash because they didn't want to give up Gibson in a sign and trade.

The bulls think they can play a different game than everyone else. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

When has landing a superstar ever been in the cards for the Bulls?

People don't realize how close they were to Rose - Wade - LeBron - Bosh - Noah, with Taj off the bench. They probably still take Jimmy at #30 and turn James Johnson into Mirotic.

If they had found a suitor for Deng, they had a real shot at being the nastiest team of the decade. 

Also this isn't fiction either - later reporting came out about this.

27 minutes ago, Jake said:

Am I wrong or does it feel like more teams are trying to be competitive than ever?

Tanking is over. Kudos to Silver. 

Also thank the Nets and clips, who showed the benefits re-setting while still trying to employ good basketball players and figure it out. SGA is going to be a much better basketball player because he played competitive games his first year. 

I feel like Lavine is more stunted than usual because of the teams he's played on, same with PHX guys. Thad and Satoransky and Porter will add competitiveness.

2 minutes ago, Quin said:

People don't realize how close they were to Rose - Wade - LeBron - Bosh - Noah, with Taj off the bench. They probably still take Jimmy at #30 and turn James Johnson into Mirotic.

If they had found a suitor for Deng, they had a real shot at being the nastiest team of the decade. 

They made an incredible power point.

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

And much like the Sox signing a superstar like Machado or Harper, it didn’t happen, even when the money was available.  Coming up short seems to be a running theme for Reinsdorf owned teams.