2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

This would be awesome. Jalen Rose indicating a high degree of confidence that Kwahi will return to Toronto and sign a 2 yr deal. 

Would be stellar for the nba. 

Ujiri is a king there now. 

This would be awesome. Jalen Rose indicating a high degree of confidence that Kwahi will return to Toronto and sign a 2 yr deal. 

Sucks for the Bulls but great for the NBA and parity. Kawhi is the anti LeBron of superstars if this is the case. 

Edited by SoxAce

That said OKC got maybe the best package for a star ever there. That is a ton of stuff. That is all of their draft picks for *after* the contracts of these guys end and the unprotected Heat picks.

OKC should probably just trade Russ and get it over with.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

That said OKC got maybe the best package for a star ever there. That is a ton of stuff. That is all of their draft picks for *after* the contracts of these guys end and the unprotected Heat picks.

OKC should probably just trade Russ and get it over with.

Only one of the Heat picks is unprotected but I think but still an incredible haul especially since Shae Gilgeous Alexander was actually really solid last year and Gallinari could actually probably bring back value if they move him.  

Thunder should definitely look to move Russ and Adams and just go full rebuild mode while accumulating as much draft capital as possible.  

32 minutes ago, Jake said:

Just glad he's not a Laker

Kawhi, being who he is, probably gave serious thought to joining the Lakers and thought about what that meant, and realized he didn't want to be the turd in this particular punch bowl. He's pretty much done the complete opposite of what Durant did.

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:13 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Between Jalen Rose, Stephen A Smith and Chris Broussard the NBA has to have the biggest group of know-it-all-but-never-right asshats covering their league on the planet. They are all just wrong time and time again.

52 minutes ago, lostfan said:

Kawhi, being who he is, probably gave serious thought to joining the Lakers and thought about what that meant, and realized he didn't want to be the turd in this particular punch bowl. He's pretty much done the complete opposite of what Durant did.

From what it sounds like he was very close to going to the other LA.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

From what it sounds like he was very close to going to the other LA.

It seems like he considered a whole bunch of different scenarios. The Lakers seem to be completely caught off-guard that OKC went along with trading PG. I was guessing he would stay in Toronto, personally, and I guess they just couldn't compete with his desire to go back to his Southern California roots

5 minutes ago, lostfan said:

It seems like he considered a whole bunch of different scenarios. The Lakers seem to be completely caught off-guard that OKC went along with trading PG. I was guessing he would stay in Toronto, personally, and I guess they just couldn't compete with his desire to go back to his Southern California roots

According to woj though, Clips pulled the trigger because they were convinced he was going to Lakers otherwise (much worse for them than going to Toronto)

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

According to woj though, Clips pulled the trigger because they were convinced he was going to Lakers otherwise (much worse for them than going to Toronto)

Woj also seemed to make it sound that Kawhi didn't really want to construct a superteam with the Lakers. He allowed both the Raptors and Clippers to go for PG13 before he made his choice. It seemed like he wasn't that close to joining the Lakers in the end. 

10 minutes ago, Boogua said:

Woj also seemed to make it sound that Kawhi didn't really want to construct a superteam with the Lakers. He allowed both the Raptors and Clippers to go for PG13 before he made his choice. It seemed like he wasn't that close to joining the Lakers in the end. 

I mean sure, but if he really had qualms about the lakers he could have just signed with the other teams without demanding they mortgage a half decade of picks and a young promising player for Paul George.

Just now, bmags said:

I mean sure, but if he really had qualms about the lakers he could have just signed with the other teams without demanding they mortgage a half decade of picks and a young promising player for Paul George.

And if he really wanted to be with the Lakers he could have just signed at any point in the last week. Apparently he started recruiting George after he struck out with Durant last week. Either team would have had to give up a ton for George in any scenario.

17 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Bulls should get Westbrook. He doesnt have a lot of trade value and itd be a rare shot at a superstar. 

His contract is awful and he's had declining advanced analytics the past couple years. At the same time, they literally should be able to get him for free (well technically for Porter since they need to move him to make cap space).  My gut says no...but at the same time, Russ wants to win and he'd have much better spacing with the Bulls (not sure if that would help...but I always felt like he never was surrounded by shooters in OKC).  Paul George had a career year next to him, so he can't be all bad.  

The guy is a cyborg but he's got so many miles on him at 31.  

His contract is awful and he's had declining advanced analytics the past couple years. At the same time, they literally should be able to get him for free (well technically for Porter since they need to move him to make cap space).  My gut says no...but at the same time, Russ wants to win and he'd have much better spacing with the Bulls (not sure if that would help...but I always felt like he never was surrounded by shooters in OKC).  Paul George had a career year next to him, so he can't be all bad.  

The guy is a cyborg but he's got so many miles on him at 31.  

Agree completely, though if they seek a trade hopefully it’s around Lavine with supplementary salary in felicio and Dunn.

But he’s one of the weakest stars to acquire due to age, mileage, and playing style. But if you can get him without giving up your last three first rounders I guess it’s not terrible. 

I wouldn’t really go all out for Westbrook though.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Agree completely, though if they seek a trade hopefully it’s around Lavine with supplementary salary in felicio and Dunn.

But he’s one of the weakest stars to acquire due to age, mileage, and playing style. But if you can get him without giving up your last three first rounders I guess it’s not terrible. 

I wouldn’t really go all out for Westbrook though.

I'm not trading Lavine for him. His contract is a bargain and he's the one guy on this squad with true super-star upside. Not saying he will be a superstar, but if someone told me he became one, I wouldn't be surprised at all. He has every physical tool in the book and a fantastic shot.  I think he will have a monster season (if he's healthy).  He literally has gotten better every full season in the league and is still extremely young.  Porter for Westbrook is about as much as I'd do (and I don't love it). I think their best bet is sticking with the current group and being aggressive on the trade market in next year or two (whenever a superstar becomes disgruntled).  When they do...keep more of your players and trade a bunch of picks.  But it needs to be an in your prime, signed superstar. I am already predicting Giannis will be a Bull in 2021.  

I figure the Suns will acquire Westbrook.  If someone could tell me Russell would be healthy & productive throughout his contract, I would make the deal...I just can't make that statement with confidence. I think patience is better (at this point in time).