2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

I'm not trading Lavine for him. His contract is a bargain and he's the one guy on this squad with true super-star upside. Not saying he will be a superstar, but if someone told me he became one, I wouldn't be surprised at all. He has every physical tool in the book and a fantastic shot.  I think he will have a monster season (if he's healthy).  He literally has gotten better every full season in the league and is still extremely young.  Porter for Westbrook is about as much as I'd do (and I don't love it). I think their best bet is sticking with the current group and being aggressive on the trade market in next year or two (whenever a superstar becomes disgruntled).  When they do...keep more of your players and trade a bunch of picks.  But it needs to be an in your prime, signed superstar. I am already predicting Giannis will be a Bull in 2021.  

I figure the Suns will acquire Westbrook.  If someone could tell me Russell would be healthy & productive throughout his contract, I would make the deal...I just can't make that statement with confidence. I think patience is better (at this point in time).  

If you trade porter your starting wing is chandler Hutchinson. Lavine is ball dominant too, while surrounding him with carter, Porter, sato is a bunch of players who move the ball and theoretically will spread the floor.

it would maximize the Westbrook roster.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, bmags said:

If you trade porter your starting wing is chandler Hutchinson. Lavine is ball dominant too, while surrounding him with carter, Porter, sato is a bunch of players who move the ball and theoretically will spread the floor.

it would maximize the Westbrook roster.

Lavine can flat shoot and I actually think he can play off the ball. He showed it a ton last year (which was a major advancement for him).  I just don't like trading Lavine. I do agree that Porter gives nice spacing. They just have a lot less flexibility at this point in time, given the recent free agent signings.  

16 minutes ago, bmags said:

Agree completely, though if they seek a trade hopefully it’s around Lavine with supplementary salary in felicio and Dunn.

As much as I would love getting rid of 2 of the 3 dumbest players we have left in LaVine and Felicio (and you know I'm far from a LaVine fan, though he did prove me wrong offensively last season), I wouldn't do it. Russ 2-3 years ago, absolutely. 

Edited by SoxAce

My feeling is Bulls going after Russ would almost certainly be the perfect Bulls thing in that we would trade away good assets, get a declining Russ, and win nothing with him but at least get to say we went after a star player.

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

If the Bulls can get Westbrook without giving up Lauri and Carter, I think you do it. The Bulls need to get a superstar and get back on the path to relevance. They also need to show other players that they can be aggressive.

Just judging from Lowe and others, they believe OKC may even need to include a pick to get rid of westbrook.

I am really wary of Westbrook for reasons Chisoxfn stated. While 9/10 I am in favor of them being aggressive for a star, he is that 10th.

6 minutes ago, bmags said:

Just judging from Lowe and others, they believe OKC may even need to include a pick to get rid of westbrook.

I am really wary of Westbrook for reasons Chisoxfn stated. While 9/10 I am in favor of them being aggressive for a star, he is that 10th.

Not trading for him may be the safer choice. But right now the NBA is as wide open as its been for a while. Westbrook would give the Bulls instant credibility. And if you can get him cheap in terms of talent, its worth the risk. Who else are they going to use the cap space on in the future? Every time they try for FAs they miss out, this year they werent even considered by any of them.

I mean:

Carter/Lauri/Porter/Lavine/Westbrook is actually an interesting team.

Not sure if the cap space works though. I guess had they not signed Young, potentially they could have gotten rid of Dunn/Felicio and been really close. 

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

Not trading for him may be the safer choice. But right now the NBA is as wide open as its been for a while. Westbrook would give the Bulls instant credibility. And if you can get him cheap in terms of talent, its worth the risk. Who else are they going to use the cap space on in the future? Every time they try for FAs they miss out, this year they werent even considered by any of them.

I mean:

Carter/Lauri/Porter/Lavine/Westbrook is actually an interesting team.

Not sure if the cap space works though. I guess had they not signed Young, potentially they could have gotten rid of Dunn/Felicio and been really close. 

The problem is I'm not sure players like playing with Westbrook, as he has had two MVPs leave his side and now Paul George force his trade out. And he was really quite bad last year.

45 minutes ago, bmags said:

The problem is I'm not sure players like playing with Westbrook, as he has had two MVPs leave his side and now Paul George force his trade out. And he was really quite bad last year.

hard to tell on that end. PG chose to stay with Westbrook, and only wanted to leave when a better opportunity presented itself. Allegedly Rockets are trying to trade for Westbrook to go with Harden.

16 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

hard to tell on that end. PG chose to stay with Westbrook, and only wanted to leave when a better opportunity presented itself. Allegedly Rockets are trying to trade for Westbrook to go with Harden.

This. I don't actually think people have any issue or a major issue playing with Russ.  I just don't get why they never surrounded Russ with better shooters. I feel like the Thunder regularly had a couple bad shooters around Russ at all times (guys like Robertson or whatever his name was).  

Westbrook has gotten worse as a shooter instead of getting better, major red flag since his game predicated on athleticism and he's getting up there in age. I'd however want to take a chance on him if his deal expires in 2 years and sets up for a run at Giannis. But with effectively 4 more years left that deal is going to be really ugly by years 3 and 4. I hope some team in the East takes him so they could seal their fate as a first or second round team the next 4 years.

25 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Westbrook has gotten worse as a shooter instead of getting better, major red flag since his game predicated on athleticism and he's getting up there in age. I'd however want to take a chance on him if his deal expires in 2 years and sets up for a run at Giannis. But with effectively 4 more years left that deal is going to be really ugly by years 3 and 4. I hope some team in the East takes him so they could seal their fate as a first or second round team the next 4 years.

In year 4, Westbrook is owed $47 million.

FORTY 

SEVEN

MILLION

and if he is bad, there will be no one to bail them out.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

In year 4, Westbrook is owed $47 million.

FORTY 

SEVEN

MILLION

and if he is bad, there will be no one to bail them out.

I saw that number I was like fuck that!

It would be interesting to see which win-now team is desperate enough to trade for him and what they’re giving up in addition to absorbing that contract.

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

6 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I saw that number I was like fuck that!

It would be interesting to see which win-now team is desperate enough to trade for him and what they’re giving up in addition to absorbing that contract.

If the Rockets exchanged Westbrook for Paul, and OKC wanted to dump Paul's contract on someone, what would you give up to get him? The bulls did have a (terrible sounding) Paul rumor earlier this offseason.

All signs pointing to heat.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

If the Rockets exchanged Westbrook for Paul, and OKC wanted to dump Paul's contract on someone, what would you give up to get him? The bulls did have a (terrible sounding) Paul rumor earlier this offseason.

You would have to give up one of Lavine or Porter to start with. I am not certain that team would hit 40 wins.

26 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Butler and Westbrook? Well that sounds like 2 guys who have a strong reputation of adapting their game to work with the people they're playing with.

Pray for any rookies on that team (tyler herro), going to get destroyed.

32 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

He's 34 and fragile. Due $120M + next 3 years. Another contract I wouldn't want to touch. I suppose he'd makes sense for the Heat if they missed on RW. Now I'd think Heat would have to move Dragic in that scenario and they'd look for a 3rd team to take Dragic. I'd consider giving Dunn, Arci, Blakeney, and Felicio plus a protected 1st down the road to the pick him up

23 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

He's 34 and fragile. Due $120M + next 3 years. Another contract I wouldn't want to touch. I suppose he'd makes sense for the Heat if they missed on RW. Now I'd think Heat would have to move Dragic in that scenario and they'd look for a 3rd team to take Dragic. I'd consider giving Dunn, Arci, Blakeney, and Felicio plus a protected 1st down the road to the pick him up

Don’t forget you can use valentine and Hutchinson’s salaries.

29 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I find it hard to believe that Otto Porter and Kris Dunn are below average defenders 

Kris Dunn was really bad at defense in the second half of last year. Porter definitely has trouble with mobility so I don't know to what extent this hurts but his team defense was much better than what bulls had previously.