• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Didn’t he sign with Lakers?

I always thought Bougie was going to be the X factor for them, now the battle of LA is more evenly matched, probably even favors Clippers more.

Last year when he signed with the Warriors, he turned down $40M from the Pelicans.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

GRLtGp.gif 

Listen, I love basketball. It's a lot more fun to have a decent team to watch. Satoransky and Thad young were the first signings I've liked by the bulls in a long time, coming off one of the first trades i've liked for the bulls in porter. It is great turning on a bulls game in winter and chilling out, but not when you are watching kris dunn holding the ball for 23 seconds only to shoot a 20 foot jumper off the side of the backboard.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 10:01 PM, lostfan said:

I'm actually feeling... optimistic? about the Bulls this year? Not like I expect them to be a contender, but they are in the "I actually want to watch the games and am at least passively interested in what happens"

Every fan for just about every team is this time of year.  We'll lose interest in a couple of months per usual.

52 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

Every fan for just about every team is this time of year.  We'll lose interest in a couple of months per usual.

Unless they suffer their usual injuries, I actually disagree with this. The Bulls will be a very interesting young team to watch when healthy. Do I expect them to be one of the top teams? Absolutely not, but the road in the East to make the playoffs isn't nearly as daunting anymore with guys like LeBron, Kawhi, etc. all out West now. Durant is out for the season so the Nets won't be much of a threat yet with just Kyrie. It's basically Philly, Milwaukee and a whole bunch of meh in the East. I can see the Bulls challenging for a bottom seed.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Tony said:

I could be totally off base, and maybe it’s still early, but I feel like NO ONE is talking about the Bulls in Chicago. Interest seems to very low right now for the franchise. 

Yeah I feel this too, it snuck up on me. Definitely was more buzz for hawks in preseason than Bulls getting back into camp. But bears/cubs, maybe it starts in earnest as preseason games start.

I do think fans could embrace this team more than last few years, thad young and sato are really likeable on court players. They've had a lot of players just insufferable to watch in parker/blakeney/dunn

I absolutely love basketball, so I can't wait. That said, this team obviously has a major ceiling and I don't think White is so good that he is going to be crazy exciting to watch (especially early on). I am excited to see what Lauri & Lavine do in a full season with Otto as well as to see what year 2 brings in Wendell Carter. I think we should see this team take steps forward (and if they don't by the end of the year, there are going to be a lot of reasons to be concerned).  Steps forward means new challenges as the team on paper doesn't have the talent which can take them to the highest levels, which means the front office is going to need to find creative ways to move forward and improve.  First things first...the team on paper needs to show potential, upside, and win more games though.  

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I absolutely love basketball, so I can't wait. That said, this team obviously has a major ceiling and I don't think White is so good that he is going to be crazy exciting to watch (especially early on). I am excited to see what Lauri & Lavine do in a full season with Otto as well as to see what year 2 brings in Wendell Carter. I think we should see this team take steps forward (and if they don't by the end of the year, there are going to be a lot of reasons to be concerned).  Steps forward means new challenges as the team on paper doesn't have the talent which can take them to the highest levels, which means the front office is going to need to find creative ways to move forward and improve.  First things first...the team on paper needs to show potential, upside, and win more games though.  

White with Sato and WCJ with Young finally have excellent vets to learn from. One of the best situations we've put our young players in in a while. Lopez is a great teammate, but thad can teach WCJ a lot on filling the statsheet and effort. 

But yes, two goals for this year:

- Development of Young, WCJ, Lauri, Lavine in a roster that now has multiple smart and savvy basketball players

- Health. Health. Health.

19 hours ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

I haven't really cared much about the Bulls in November for the past several years, this is the first time in a while that I don't care about them *less* than I did the year before.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

You should read up on the nets my man!

I meant more because of this...

Edit: Sorry, I'm not sure if this is hitting the political boundaries.  From an entertainment perspective, the NBA is stepping in it right now all over the place.  That is what drew me to the story.  

Edited by turnin' two

7 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I meant more because of this...

Edit: Sorry, I'm not sure if this is hitting the political boundaries.  From an entertainment perspective, the NBA is stepping in it right now all over the place.  That is what drew me to the story.  

Oh, that makes more sense.

Yeah if we could try to avoid it. It would be an interesting discussion but these things tend to devolve faster than expected.

I haven't felt compelled to post in a while, but holy crap has this issue pissed me off.

Are we not all pro-democracy/anti-communist human rights violators? How could there be any political disagreement on this one?

I cannot believe how the NBA responded to this and it's really, REALLY soured me as a fan. They take away an All-Star game over a stupid bathroom bill, but when a GM simply retweets something in support of a PRO-DEMOCRACY movement against a communist dictatorship (on Twitter....a platform already banned in China!), they go all def con 4 and try to shut it all down. They force Morey to apologize. They force James Harden to apologize. Steve Kerr, one of the most outspoken faces of the league on every political issue of the day, suddenly has no comment or anything to say? Are you fucking kidding me? 

Adam Silver tried to clean up the mess yesterday with a new statement today (too late) and SHOCKINGLY China responds by saying that criticizing their government is not freedom of expression and so they're still not going to show any NBA pre-season games and may not show any regular season games either. In other words, bend the knee or else. 

The NBA (and Hollywood...kudos to South Park for a great episode on this btw) better take a stand here. If not they lost a consumer here. Edit: and I hope others follow.

Edited by Jenksismyhero