2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

You just proved our point that their were contested shots FYI. You are acting like people were saying every shot they took was contested. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

You just proved our point that their were contested shots FYI. You are acting like people were saying every shot they took was contested. 

5 were contested.  Out of 44.  39 were open to wide open.  What point are you even making?  You really think that's good defense?

1 minute ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

5 were contested.  Out of 44.  39 were open to wide open.  What point are you even making?  You really think that's good defense?

That is was an outlier game for a team who channeled their inner Golden State was my point. Like I said it didn't matter if they were contested or not, they were making them. 

29 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

That is was an outlier game for a team who channeled their inner Golden State was my point. Like I said it didn't matter if they were contested or not, they were making them. 

LMAO.  Great logic.  The mighty 2019 opening night charlotte hornets would have made every single one of those shots if contested.  They were just that unconscious.  No defense could have prohibited them from their destined night.  Makes sense.  

1 minute ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

LMAO.  Great logic.  The mighty 2019 opening night charlotte hornets would have made every single one of those shots if contested.  They were just that unconscious.  No defense could have prohibited them from their destined night.  Makes sense.  

Nice meatball take. I see where this is going. Have a nice night. 

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Nice meatball take. I see where this is going. Have a nice night. 

You said it didn't matter if they were contested or not, they were going in.  Just admit your dumb homer logic and move on. 

Plenty of NBA players can hit open 3s.  Bulls need to improve their D in general and how they rotate on D in particular or else it's gonna be another long season.

On 10/23/2019 at 1:47 PM, Chi Town Sox said:

I'm not surprised by this at all.  Their top scorer last year was Josh Richardson replaced by a great 1b and two way player in Jimmy.  Two very good looking rookies with potential, Justice Winslow had a nice season as a better scorer and facilitator.  Bam Adebayo was really good the last two months of the season.  They had no star power and almost made the playoffs, they could be a lot better with so much uncertainty in the East and stacked with young guys with potential that are already getting better.

Yeah but I've seen them high as a fourth seed. The thing about Josh Richardson is they didn't add Jimmy on top of him, they replaced him. So while they may enter into the bottom of the playoffs churn, I would be surprised at much more than that.

4 hours ago, bmags said:

Yeah but I've seen them high as a fourth seed. The thing about Josh Richardson is they didn't add Jimmy on top of him, they replaced him. So while they may enter into the bottom of the playoffs churn, I would be surprised at much more than that.

JRich isn't exactly a beacon of efficiency and consistency, Butler is a clear upgrade in my opinion overall on offense and Jimmy is a guy willing to take the big shot even though he's not a 1A. 

Personally, I also don't think 4th is far fetched (I've seen somebody projected 3rd), Raptors lost Kawhi and needed OT to beat the Lakers rejects, Celtics have a real chance at falling off and the three teams atop Miami last year were Charlotte, Detroit and Orlando.  I think some outlets believe there is a good chance Miami swings a deal for a star with some of their young pieces.  I don't even like them but they have a chance to be pretty good in the East.

5 hours ago, bmags said:

I didn't watch that game obviously but does having Fultz become a solid rotation player change that perspective?

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Woof. Bulls have a lot of work to do. Not sure any of these lineups are working. This first half just seems like Lauri and LaVine exchanging turnovers and terrible defense. And bricked threes.

A reliable source tells me that it doesn't matter what the Bulls do tonight against this unstoppable Memphis offense.  No amount of defense matters.

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

Woof. Bulls have a lot of work to do. Not sure any of these lineups are working. This first half just seems like Lauri and LaVine exchanging turnovers and terrible defense. And bricked threes.

Shot selection was so bad in the first quarter.  Contested 3 pointers with Jackson Jr. guarding you seems like a bad plan.

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Shot selection was so bad in the first quarter.  Contested 3 pointers with Jackson Jr. guarding you seems like a bad plan.

I will say it just makes me so annoyed watching a team that largely just had much better lottery luck. WCJ seems like he just wants to be the backup center on an eastern conference team. JJJ meanwhile...

White was good, yet Moran looked so athletic and a force. And add Clarke...

So frustrating. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, bmags said:

I will say it just makes me so annoyed watching a team that largely just had much better lottery luck. WCJ seems like he just wants to be the backup center on an eastern conference team. JJJ meanwhile...

White was good, yet Moran looked so athletic and a force. And add Clarke...

So frustrating. 

Well that’s because Carter is a jackass :)

Edited by fathom

So they definitely found a closing group. White and Lavine together are electric. WCJ and Lauri were able to handle size, and I think dunn was out there. Lavine had a bad stretch but if they pull this out he was tremendous. 

Kobe was just nails. Just nails.

Coby White looks like a player. And Bulls still got very lucky that Memphis has missed alot of open 3 pointers this game. Their defense has arguably been worse than the last game (although I'm sure Sleepy will say their D has been excellent since Memphis has only shot 34.5% on 3's and held them to 102 points)

• Thanks 1

White and Lavine played great on a night where Lauri had nothing offensively. Wendell was total crap on D for 2nd straight night and just lazy too many times (got boarded over all game and was not getting to the lose ball and had zero involvement on offense). 

Oh and Porter had nothing either. Nice to win when two of their best had nothing on offense. Oh and cobe!!!! Cobe!!!!!