2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

11 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I said the Bulls suck and you all were like "nooooooooo they should be competitive this season they are interesting And have interesting players" and you fuckers all lied to me.  I'm looking directly at you @bmags and @Chisoxfn

this is more of the same garbage 

I do think the Bulls starting five is decent with pretty good potential.  I really think the coach and this organization is holding the players back.   Boylen is the worst coach in sports right now.  Dude doesn't get it.  

He legit said in his postgame press conference that when the Bulls were already being outscored 32-8 in the 4th, he wouldn't put his starters back in because he needs to develop the bench.  GTFO please.  He legit is so bad.  Anyone know what his record is as Bulls coach?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, GGajewski18 said:

I do think the Bulls starting five is decent with pretty good potential.  I really think the coach and this organization is holding the players back.   Boylen is the worst coach in sports right now.  Dude doesn't get it.  

He legit said in his postgame press conference that when the Bulls were already being outscored 32-8 in the 4th, he wouldn't put his starters back in because he needs to develop the bench.  GTFO please.  He legit is so bad.  Anyone know what his record is as Bulls coach?

The overriding problem is even if he gets fired, which he probably will not, do you honestly think they are gonna get some unique basketball mind that is just primed to take the nba by storm, or will the more likely find a safe yes man

we all have seen this play out before

23 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

The overriding problem is even if he gets fired, which he probably will not, do you honestly think they are gonna get some unique basketball mind that is just primed to take the nba by storm, or will the more likely find a safe yes man

we all have seen this play out before

Seems likely Bill Self goes to the NBA after this year

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I said the Bulls suck and you all were like "nooooooooo they should be competitive this season they are interesting And have interesting players" and you fuckers all lied to me.  I'm looking directly at you @bmags and @Chisoxfn

Include me in bamboozled optimist crowd, damnit!

6 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

giphy.gif

Hey there I'll jump in!

Boylen is a huge pile of crap. If this team was ready to compete, he was the worst choice to lead them there. Classic Bulls bullshit, and I hate everything.

Edited by Steve9347
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Interesting article:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/bulls-offensive-system-working-and-math-backs-jim-boylen

The Bulls are getting almost 89% of their 3s open to wide open, but converting on 31% of them. Lauri, for example, shot 43% on wide open 3s last year. This year he's at 25%. If the Bulls just start shooting like they're capable of, maybe they can turn things around.

18 minutes ago, Boogua said:

Interesting article:

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/bulls-offensive-system-working-and-math-backs-jim-boylen

The Bulls are getting almost 89% of their 3s open to wide open, but converting on 31% of them. Lauri, for example, shot 43% on wide open 3s last year. This year he's at 25%. If the Bulls just start shooting like they're capable of, maybe they can turn things around.

I look at the many games where they have got out to double digit leads as a good indicator as well. The flipside to that is they have blown large leads, but I have seen them miss a lot of really good shots. The one concern is their inability to be physical and it hurts them on 2nd chance points, however, Carter has really elevated his game and is trending up.  

1 hour ago, bmags said:

This is now a Coby White thread.

in continuing with this up is down bulls season...Dunn has been good and seems to have meshed well and is happy playing with white.

Dunn looks more like the guy two years ago than last year. Last year the athleticism was just not there. Always will have the issue shooting but his d and ability to aggressively get in the paint was gone. 

White had a nice game but he has a long way to go. If you are going to shoot as much as he does he has to figure out a way to be an elite shooter while also drawing fouls. Good thing is kid seems to have a great work ethic and plays defense. Whites game was nice but it was still basically him just hitting a high percentage of his threes for once. 

4 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Dunn looks more like the guy two years ago than last year. Last year the athleticism was just not there. Always will have the issue shooting but his d and ability to aggressively get in the paint was gone. 

White had a nice game but he has a long way to go. If you are going to shoot as much as he does he has to figure out a way to be an elite shooter while also drawing fouls. Good thing is kid seems to have a great work ethic and plays defense. Whites game was nice but it was still basically him just hitting a high percentage of his threes for once. 

Considering how raw White looked in SL, he is still finishing at the rim better than I thought, and he is better at non-catch and shoot shots better than he was showing. 

It will take a while before he is strong enough around the rim but he is the right kind of aggressive and that has really helped a bench unit that had been full of terribly passive players - leaving open a window for antonio blakeney.

I like what we've got in White. How good will he be, I'm not sure, because it's not clear what kind of a shooter he'll be. But he seems to be playing adequately in every other facet of the game so he'll live and die by his scoring.