2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Man Hunter passed the eye test, that's a bit surprising to me. White has probably had some easier assignments than him.

According to this article (paywall), Bulls have been making Coby guard the 3 a lot and even switching him onto bigs and he's held up fairly well.

Looks to me that the problem with Hunter so far is mostly just his offense, where he's been a low-usage player and doesn't contributing much beyond scoring (which he does inefficiently). I wouldn't read into the defense as much because I believe it's a noisier metric and his number isn't bad. Could also reflect things like help defense that are really hard to see without studying tape.

Also, I'm feeling pretty good about the Bulls not picking Cam Reddish.

The last cash considerations was good. 

A lot of how bad boylen has been is unforced error, pax got smitten with someone who is just a salesman for the FO.

But it’s hard to believe a Lavine/Lauri led group is going anywhere. They severely lack playmakers, Porter is probably their best and he’s out. They need to make a splash move which means it will just be this for a while.

Has Lauri and Lavine both had a good game together yet? I feel like every time I check the box score if Lauri has a good game, Lavine doesn't do anything and vise versa. If they can find some consistency together, along with more consistency from Coby, they can still be that playoff team a lot of people thought they could be. 

23 hours ago, scs787 said:

Has Lauri and Lavine both had a good game together yet? I feel like every time I check the box score if Lauri has a good game, Lavine doesn't do anything and vise versa. If they can find some consistency together, along with more consistency from Coby, they can still be that playoff team a lot of people thought they could be. 

I think this year has shown me Bulls need to move off of lavine, but willing to wait to see if Porter can provide some minutes because it all seemed to work better when he was healthy for like 10 games last year.

Lauri needs a playmaker on the court badly, which shows his limitations. WCJ Should be allowed in that role more (playmaker)

2 minutes ago, Brian said:

Valentine is trash and a hot 5 minutes isn’t going to change that.

He is, but when you have limited depth at SF (with Porter, Hutchison injuries) and you are starting Shaquille freakin Harrison at SF.... I mean you might as well let the guy start and shoot with a team that struggles to make 3's even if he's absolutely awful defensively. 

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

He is, but when you have limited depth at SF (with Porter, Hutchison injuries) and you are starting Shaquille freakin Harrison at SF.... I mean you might as well let the guy start and shoot with a team that struggles to make 3's even if he's absolutely awful defensively. 

Shaq Harrison is light years better than Valentine.