2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

IT blows my mind how this team can build such big leads, only to see them evaporate so badly. I know someone posted a couple days ago it was good teams and players coasting and it was more the Bulls suck, but I don't buy that. There is something going on with that and Memphis had zero reason to coast, nor are they any good...this team is just young and lacks consistency and doesn't know how to put teams away (after getting up on them).  I am on record as saying they trend up and I still think they are in the conversation for a back end playoff spot by the end of the year (doesn't mean i'm thrilled about their long term prognosis though - as they got no one, other than Lavine who has the physical capabilities to be a star).  

Say what?

They've had the easiest schedule in the NBA, and they are still 8-14. It's not getting better from here. 

Lavine is just another high volume scorer on a bad team. His defense makes James Harden look like Marcus Ginyard on that side of the floor. His shot selection is piss poor. I bought into Lavine for a lot of reasons this off-season - there was a lot saying he could take a huge leap forward this year. It didn't happen.

Being the 8th seed would be significantly worse than being one of the worst teams in the NBA, but I don't think we have to worry too much about that.

The Bulls blow big leads because they have zero defensive discipline, and they are one of the worst fast break teams in the NBA on defense and offense.

7 hours ago, Jake said:

Their offense is terrible. I hope I never hear another word about the crazy aggressive defense because for now it's doing fine. I'd like someone to figure out why a team with a bunch of shooters can't shoot.

No their defense is terrible. 

• Like 1

By the way, does Thaddeus Young remind anyone of Jabari Parker? I don't think I realized what a blackhole he was on offense and how mediocre he is defensively, until he came to the Bulls.  I might be totally off base, but he always seemed like one of those good vets who was solid across the board...not sure I still feel that way.  Would be nice if he stepped it up as he is having a not good year either (but unlike Laurie...he at least is out there playing hard...even if it is to jack up a lot of shots).  When him and Coby are in...good god does the ball get shot fast.  

Good thing is White has shown an ability to play defense. He is going to have to turn in to a lights out shooter to be a well above average player though (or even just above average), imo. His playmaking skills are too limited, imo.  

16 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

By the way, does Thaddeus Young remind anyone of Jabari Parker? I don't think I realized what a blackhole he was on offense and how mediocre he is defensively, until he came to the Bulls.  I might be totally off base, but he always seemed like one of those good vets who was solid across the board...not sure I still feel that way.  Would be nice if he stepped it up as he is having a not good year either (but unlike Laurie...he at least is out there playing hard...even if it is to jack up a lot of shots).  When him and Coby are in...good god does the ball get shot fast.  

Good thing is White has shown an ability to play defense. He is going to have to turn in to a lights out shooter to be a well above average player though (or even just above average), imo. His playmaking skills are too limited, imo.  

Who's gonna develop him?

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Are there any teams in this league above .500? Watching Bulls results I feel as though there are none.

I'd suggest watching the Raptors, Bucks and Heat. I was dead wrong on Heat, they are so well coached and riley knows how to put together a damn roster. 

edit: I'm assuming you were referring to just the East.

12 minutes ago, bmags said:

I'd suggest watching the Raptors, Bucks and Heat. I was dead wrong on Heat, they are so well coached and riley knows how to put together a damn roster. 

edit: I'm assuming you were referring to just the East.

This is referencing that bulls weak schedule. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Jim Boylen is bad

I especially loved when Boylen called that timeout and Zach was pissed. Threw him off his rhythm. And they ended up going to Zach for a contested three as time expired anyway. Why not just let that play out? Because Boylen needs to be in control.

Edited by SoxAce

11 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I especially loved when Boylen called that timeout and Zach was pissed. Threw him off his rhythm. And they ended up going to Zach for a contested three as time expired anyway. Why not just let that play out? Because Boylen needs to be in control.

Also enjoyed White getting hot at end of the 3rd and then seeing the bench 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

According to Amick and Hollinger in the Athletic, Boylen is still hated by the players.

It also stated there may actually be wholesale change according to sources.

This game is WOOF. Terrible basketball, both teams exhausted on a B2B

28 minutes ago, bmags said:

It also stated there may actually be wholesale change according to sources.

This game is WOOF. Terrible basketball, both teams exhausted on a B2B

Supposedly Collins is not a fan of Gar.  I don't think there would be wholesale changes, mainly just the exodus of Gar (and potentially Boylen).  Haven't seen anything rumoring Pax to be on the out.