2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/24/2019 at 4:16 PM, soxfan49 said:

That looks like it might be a roast of that team, specifically Rodman, Pippen and Jordan.

Also I'm just happy Justin Timberlake is in that preview. I really value his opinion on the Chicago Bulls of the 90's 👍🏼👍🏼

Obama and Carmen Electra as well.  They must have needed a few bucks.

The lack of adjustments coming out of halftime and the 3rd quarter crushings is just damning.  Despite the losing streak, this team had taken a couple top western conference teams to the wire and very well should have won the game if it could ever get over the hump.  This is always a very tough process with young teams and I listen to a lot of road commentary (vs. Stacey King) and it is interesting how much kudos they tend to give the Bulls and the overall lineup. 

The reality is Lavine, like he has done every year in the league (when healthy) continues to take steps forward. Is he perfect, no, but the fact that he keeps growing still gives me some hope he can be a #2 if they could ever find a superstar.  

Lauri has at least made progress (after being horrific) and Wendell is a nice player.  The team has a good chunk of a core, but when that core doesn't have superstars, it is hard to do much.  If I were the Bulls I think I would seriously look at acquiring Chris Paul to see if it could push the team to a new level (using Porter and other bad contracts).  

Gar and Boylen will both be the scapegoats by the end of the year. I guarantee it (unless something drastic happens). 

Oddly enough I was just reading and Kaplan evidently said he is hearing their will be meanginful change in the organization and it will consistent of hiring outside of the organization. I always assumed Pax has a job for life, but I 100% believe Gar is out as is Jim. Maybe Pax will retire or just step in to some ambassador type role.  My understanding is Collins observations are going to lead to stark change within the Bulls organization.  

27 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Oddly enough I was just reading and Kaplan evidently said he is hearing their will be meanginful change in the organization and it will consistent of hiring outside of the organization. I always assumed Pax has a job for life, but I 100% believe Gar is out as is Jim. Maybe Pax will retire or just step in to some ambassador type role.  My understanding is Collins observations are going to lead to stark change within the Bulls organization.  

Collins really shouldn't lead the charge.

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Collins really shouldn't lead the charge.

I presume Collins is more making independent observations that change is needed. I don't know that he would be elevated to the role driving the change (mainly because I presume he likes his consultant role at this point in his life).  Kaplan doesn't usually just throw stuff out there, so I am hopeful there is more to this story (by the way, my comments on Collins are my comments and inferences based upon other articles over the past couple of months...not tied to anything Kaplan said).  

cant wait til Lavine is gone. I honestly have no use for any of these players.  There is no plan B for when they realize that Lavine is at best a useful piece for a contender.  They will trade him away for a bunch of bullshit, rinse and repeat.   And Jason will tell me it all looks like it's moving In the right direction LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The lack of adjustments coming out of halftime and the 3rd quarter crushings is just damning.  Despite the losing streak, this team had taken a couple top western conference teams to the wire and very well should have won the game if it could ever get over the hump.  This is always a very tough process with young teams and I listen to a lot of road commentary (vs. Stacey King) and it is interesting how much kudos they tend to give the Bulls and the overall lineup. 

The reality is Lavine, like he has done every year in the league (when healthy) continues to take steps forward. Is he perfect, no, but the fact that he keeps growing still gives me some hope he can be a #2 if they could ever find a superstar.  

Lauri has at least made progress (after being horrific) and Wendell is a nice player.  The team has a good chunk of a core, but when that core doesn't have superstars, it is hard to do much.  If I were the Bulls I think I would seriously look at acquiring Chris Paul to see if it could push the team to a new level (using Porter and other bad contracts).  

Gar and Boylen will both be the scapegoats by the end of the year. I guarantee it (unless something drastic happens). 

I like listening to Stacey King and Neil Funk, but Funk really is nuts sometimes. If you listen to him, you would think the Bulls lead every game by 30 points. Their defense is stifling, while the opponents' is a sieve. Yet the game is tied or the Bulls are down 10. Every miss from 3 is way off for an opponent, but has to be an airball to be anything but unlucky for the Bulls. Stacey at least once in a while, calls the Bulls out. 

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

cant wait til Lavine is gone. I honestly have no use for any of these players.  There is no plan B for when they realize that Lavine is at best a useful piece for a contender.  They will trade him away for a bunch of bullshit, rinse and repeat.   And Jason will tell me it all looks like it's moving In the right direction LOL

Lavine has gotten better every single year. He is by far and away this teams best player and he puts 110% into everything he does.  His defense has gotten better, his offense is more efficient, he tries to get others involved. Lavine is 4th in the NBA in 25+ point games. The reality is, he is the scapegoat for everyone because Lauri stinks, because Porter got hurt, because no one else can look to create when things lock down in the final few minutes of a game.  The good thing is that with Lavine, Lauri, White (who certainly has his issues) and Wendell, those are all chips who you can move various places or package for stars.  If you even put a star around those guys, the team would be better.  

I won't comment on Porter because this team has a handful more wins with Porter and is probably in the 8 spot with him (at a minimum).  Or if Thaddeus Young was even a serviceable player vs. the blackhole he has been all year (dude is giving his best Jabari Parker impression).  

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

And Kyle, what do I know. I would have never traded Butler to begin with and would have let Butler try to recruit others to come to Chicago (which I think he would have done).  Would they be better, I don't know, but I would have stuck to my guns.  I don't think you should ever trade a top 10/15 player in the NBA unless he is forcing his way out (with few exceptions in between).  Period.  

• Like 1

Lavine is a guy who scores on a bad team.   That's all.   I don't think he is a bad person or a cancer but he does not take this team or anyone around him to the next level.  

and he is fucking awful in crunch time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I like listening to Stacey King and Neil Funk, but Funk really is nuts sometimes. If you listen to him, you would think the Bulls lead every game by 30 points. Their defense is stifling, while the opponents' is a sieve. Yet the game is tied or the Bulls are down 10. Every miss from 3 is way off for an opponent, but has to be an airball to be anything but unlucky for the Bulls. Stacey at least once in a while, calls the Bulls out. 

Funk should have stayed in radio because you can't see how bad he is when you are listening to a game, you just trust he is being honest with the game call.   When you are watching a game he is working, your eyes tell you how bad he is.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Lavine is a guy who scores on a bad team.   That's all.   I don't think he is a bad person or a cancer but he does not take this team or anyone around him to the next level.  

and he is fucking awful in crunch time

I just don't think this. I see a guy who is literally the only guy on the team who can score and he still scores. Dude has one of the purest shots in the league and can explode to the hole and the reality is he is surrounded by sub-par guys who either can't shoot or won't (WCJ / Sato / Dunn) so teams can pretty much collapse on Lavine.  On a better team, Lavine's efficiency would go up and I don't see his scoring shifting that much. Personal opinion.  Dude makes so many things look easy (on offense).  This isn't Ron Mercer being just a massive volume guy on shots.  

WCJ is out at least a couple of weeks (per Shams).  No surprise.  Maybe Bulls get a lottery ball to bounce their way and / or luck in to drafting a star.  Things are so much different in the NBA when you get one of those.  We could use D Rose 2.0.  Who is projected to be the top pick (please don't say the Lamelo Ball haha).  

4 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

WCJ is out at least a couple of weeks (per Shams).  No surprise.  Maybe Bulls get a lottery ball to bounce their way and / or luck in to drafting a star.  Things are so much different in the NBA when you get one of those.  We could use D Rose 2.0.  Who is projected to be the top pick (please don't say the Lamelo Ball haha).  

Edwards (Georgia), Wiseman (Memphis) or Ball