2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

Zion debut was fun, but Zion isn't a good shooter and shouldn't be taking 4 threes in a game - he certainly won't be going 4/4 very often.

That boy is so thicccccc its absolutely wild. I don't think hes going to have a very extended career of explosiveness with his body type. I liked Morant more in the draft, and absolutely would take Morant over him for the next 10 years. Zion is exciting and fun, and the way he uses his feet and body in the paint is impeccable and exciting. I just dont see how he holds up over full seasons and multiple years.

To put his size in perspective, he's the same height as Jordan but 100 pounds heavier. 

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Zion debut was fun, but Zion isn't a good shooter and shouldn't be taking 4 threes in a game - he certainly won't be going 4/4 very often.

That boy is so thicccccc its absolutely wild. I don't think hes going to have a very extended career of explosiveness with his body type. I liked Morant more in the draft, and absolutely would take Morant over him for the next 10 years. Zion is exciting and fun, and the way he uses his feet and body in the paint is impeccable and exciting. I just dont see how he holds up over full seasons and multiple years.

To put his size in perspective, he's the same height as Jordan but 100 pounds heavier. 

He's such a good dude.  Just seems to truly love the game.  Total kid and I'm glad he stayed away from a huge market.  The improvements he made in his game in one off-season, show just how special he can be. But everyone has every reason in the world to be worried about his longevity.  I hope he can do it cause you like to see kids like that not just succeed but excel.  

36 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

He's such a good dude.  Just seems to truly love the game.  Total kid and I'm glad he stayed away from a huge market.  The improvements he made in his game in one off-season, show just how special he can be. But everyone has every reason in the world to be worried about his longevity.  I hope he can do it cause you like to see kids like that not just succeed but excel.  

Yeah, I'm certainly not buying that his jumper has changed in the off-season; he still was shooting the same flat, dart, at the bucket from 3. His jumper is still too mechanical for me. He's so gifted in the paint with his footwork that his jumper really isn't that important, and it looks much more natural within 14 feet than from deep, but I just don't see how a body type like that can hold up over a season with the immense pressure he puts on his legs and lower body. I hope he has a nice career and he certainly is unique and special to watch; I just think Ja is the safer bet, and I think we will be looking back remembering Ja in 20 years as a combination of Chris Paul with the athleticism of a Westbrook.

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yeah, I'm certainly not buying that his jumper has changed in the off-season; he still was shooting the same flat, dart, at the bucket from 3. His jumper is still too mechanical for me. He's so gifted in the paint with his footwork that his jumper really isn't that important, and it looks much more natural within 14 feet than from deep, but I just don't see how a body type like that can hold up over a season with the immense pressure he puts on his legs and lower body. I hope he has a nice career and he certainly is unique and special to watch; I just think Ja is the safer bet, and I think we will be looking back remembering Ja in 20 years as a combination of Chris Paul with the athleticism of a Westbrook.

No doubt Ja is legit and I'd say there is a decent chance he ends up the best player in the draft (because I do think there is so much injury risk in Zion). That said, Zion has shown me pretty quickly that he is more than just pure athleticism.  He needs to stay on the court though to show that he can be more than Blake Griffin (and that isn't a knock...Griffin is/was pretty damn good and even he did a heck of a job transforming his game as he aged).  

32 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

No doubt Ja is legit and I'd say there is a decent chance he ends up the best player in the draft (because I do think there is so much injury risk in Zion). That said, Zion has shown me pretty quickly that he is more than just pure athleticism.  He needs to stay on the court though to show that he can be more than Blake Griffin (and that isn't a knock...Griffin is/was pretty damn good and even he did a heck of a job transforming his game as he aged).  

I said this at the time of the draft, but Zion Williamson has the best post footwork to enter the NBA since The Dream. The way he uses his body and feet is something that should be taught to all young bigs.

Ja Morant just turned 20 before this season started; despite coming out after his Sophomore year, Ja was younger than most college freshman. 

I point that out because I was comparing Ja's rookie year so far to some other young greats. 

Bron was 1 year younger, but Ja has a higher PER (not a perfect stat) as a rookie than Lebron James so far. That's pretty amazing given how damn good Lebron was as a Rookie.

13 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ja Morant just turned 20 before this season started; despite coming out after his Sophomore year, Ja was younger than most college freshman. 

I point that out because I was comparing Ja's rookie year so far to some other young greats. 

Bron was 1 year younger, but Ja has a higher PER (not a perfect stat) as a rookie than Lebron James so far. That's pretty amazing given how damn good Lebron was as a Rookie.

Ja and Zion both have a chance to be elite NBA players.  Really hope Zion stays healthy because he has a chance to be an all time great if he does (I really think he is that good if his body holds up).

And Lauri Markkanen is injured.  Bulls cannot keep players healthy

40 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

Ja and Zion both have a chance to be elite NBA players.  Really hope Zion stays healthy because he has a chance to be an all time great if he does (I really think he is that good if his body holds up).

And Lauri Markkanen is injured.  Bulls cannot keep players healthy

On the Lauri front, I don't root for injuries...I really wish there was something to explain why he absolutely fell off a cliff. I know end of last season he dropped off after he went on a total terror in February timeframe, but he had been on a pretty steady incline his 1st two seasons in the league to literally fall of the wagon into utter mediocrity.  If I knew he was trying to play through some impactful injury he kept hidden...it really would make me feel better (even though yes...it sucks he is hurt). Would love something to point to other than the fact that he went from being a potential key piece (NOT A STAR...but a guy who could have been a #2 type guy...which when you combine with another #2 type guy in Lavine...gives you a solid starting point...with the key being to hope you CAN GET LUCKY and ACQUIRE/DRAFT A STAR).  

Any idea if Lauri had been playing through this for months?  I know he had been having "oblique" issues for quite a while earlier in the season (which he was playing through).  

I guess the answer with Zion is guys like Barkley and Malone.  In baseball, Sabathia or Gwynn.

He does need to get down to the 265-275 pound range, part of it’s just stamina and conditioning, the other part is to protect his body from serious injury.

You can argue that smaller framed players like Penny Hardaway, D Rose or Morant are equally at risk...especially getting beaten up so badly and exposed to serious injury every time they attack the basket.

This is something MJ really learned to do the second half of his career, and LeBron as well...protecting/preserving his body.

It is unbelievable to me that the Bulls are somehow only 3 games back from a playoff spot, but also could be better than 6 teams in the league, let alone the conference.

The nets with irving back will probably expose a gap, but man, as bad as the east always is, it is astonishingly bad this year.

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

It is unbelievable to me that the Bulls are somehow only 3 games back from a playoff spot, but also could be better than 6 teams in the league, let alone the conference.

The nets with irving back will probably expose a gap, but man, as bad as the east always is, it is astonishingly bad this year.

The top 6 teams in the East are better this year than theyve ever been, arguably.

I believe this would be the first time in EC history that 6 teams had a winning % north of .630.

I dont think you can call the conference terrible or bad given that.

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The top 6 teams in the East are better this year than theyve ever been, arguably.

I believe this would be the first time in EC history that 6 teams had a winning % north of .630.

I dont think you can call the conference terrible or bad given that.

I really like a lot of the teams, and I think bucks will be competitive against any finals team, but how much of the winning percentage will be driven by the bottom half of the conference being the pits? The bulls themselves are buoyed by how bad the teams beneath them are. Detroit was at least decently competitive last year, now the injuries destroyed them. 

13 minutes ago, bmags said:

I really like a lot of the teams, and I think bucks will be competitive against any finals team, but how much of the winning percentage will be driven by the bottom half of the conference being the pits? The bulls themselves are buoyed by how bad the teams beneath them are. Detroit was at least decently competitive last year, now the injuries destroyed them. 

I agree the bottom half is really bad, but it's been really bad before without the top 6 being as dominant as they've been. I actually think the Bucks might be the favorites to win it all; Lakers obviously right there - I actually like Denver to come out of the west IF MPJ can start taking on 35 minutes a night but they are certainly dogs.

9 hours ago, bmags said:

This team has actually been playing pretty decent, especially given the injuries as of late. Fucking sham Zach wasn’t put in. Should have gotten a pity nod at the very least.  Maybe he will be a late add. 

Zach has been flat out fun to watch and Chandler has had his best few games of his career. 

• Haha 1

Jason, they are not playing decent.  They still have one win vs teams with a better than .500 record, and this is their January numbers.  None of this says decent.  Your insistence that this is all somehow better than what the record is, is really confusing to me.   

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Jason, they are not playing decent.  They still have one win vs teams with a better than .500 record, and this is their January numbers.  None of this says decent.  Your insistence that this is all somehow better than what the record is, is really confusing to me.   

They have been right there of late despite Porter, Lauri and Carter being out. They aren’t good but they have been far more competitive vs last year. And Lavine has been quite good. 

I didn’t say they were good...just think a lot of people over exaggerate how much they suck. 

On 2/1/2020 at 3:35 PM, Chisoxfn said:

They have been right there of late despite Porter, Lauri and Carter being out. They aren’t good but they have been far more competitive vs last year. And Lavine has been quite good. 

I didn’t say they were good...just think a lot of people over exaggerate how much they suck. 

No one is exaggerating. They're awful.

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Is Boylen trolling with the timeout thing or is he just dense?   How many times this season has he called a timeout with under a minute left in a situation when they are getting blown out?  5?  10?   Ridiculous 

The guy was just shocked he had any left. 

It really is unbelievable the Bulls just can't admit they were way off with this guy.

• Haha 1