2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

11 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

What are they really going to change? Does anyone really believe they will hire a new guy to make the decisions that need to be made? They might hire someone they will let bounce ideas around. But it will be years before they let a new guy tear down GarPaxs rebuild  They would have to admit they were wrong. They can’t even do that with Boylen where even the beat writers and TV guys wonder WTF? Did you hear Stacey King when Boylen compared Luke Kornet to Robert Horry?

Absolutely nothing.

I don't even believe Paxson is done done.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

And paxson right on que lol

How does he not know what he has? He has 4 or 5 guys who will always be lucky to play more than 55 games. He has a super athlete with all the tools but can’t play defense or close out games, and once his athleticism starts heading south, so will his game., and a bunch of scrubs. If everything goes their way, they are an 8 seed, maybe a 7, if Coby White develops  and a first round blowout loss. It isn’t going to turn around next year unless they get DRose lucky in the draft lottery, but they don’t even want the lottery.  And he doesn’t  want to admit the team also has to overcome being out coached on a nightly basis.

Edited by Dick Allen

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

Makes you wonder if that's why nothing happened 

Hard to know, they aren't particularly big movers and shakers. Last year probably the biggest since John Salmons, and then that great taj+doug for the Cam the legend.

18 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Memphis is a ton of fun to watch. Since Russell left OKC and went with Harden, I was on the market for a new secondary team.

With Ja joining Memphis, I decided to add them as my second team. Been a lot of fun.

And those throwback uniforms are some of the best in NBA history.

15 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Wait... so Gar is still staying in the organization?! Fuck off Reinsdorfs. 

My presumption is Paxson is moving in to an advisor role, Forman is moving into a lower level role, and new blood will be brought in to run the show.  Whether that is BJ Armstrong or someone outside, I don't know (but all reports have indicated Bulls aren't just looking within the family).  I still wouldn't be shocked if Pax kept his title but they brought in a new person to run the show.  That said, it seems as if Pax will be stepping aside or into a lesser role with a new president and GM.  They can than do more evaluation on Gar and company, imo.  

I would love if they took a run at the Raptors president in a first power play with Michael Reinsdorf at the helm, but I doubt that will happen.  

24 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

My presumption is Paxson is moving in to an advisor role, Forman is moving into a lower level role, and new blood will be brought in to run the show.  Whether that is BJ Armstrong or someone outside, I don't know (but all reports have indicated Bulls aren't just looking within the family).  I still wouldn't be shocked if Pax kept his title but they brought in a new person to run the show.  That said, it seems as if Pax will be stepping aside or into a lesser role with a new president and GM.  They can than do more evaluation on Gar and company, imo.  

I would love if they took a run at the Raptors president in a first power play with Michael Reinsdorf at the helm, but I doubt that will happen.  

Jon Greenberg made a great point. The bulls are now pointing to the White Sox org structure as a model to follow, but when the sox did it they were pointing to the bulls (paxson vp, forman gm) as a model to follow. 

You are right though, they have less baggage than knicks despite all of this. Giving the reigns of the freakin bulls over to someone can get you some top talent. But this just seems like a lot of strings.

Raid the clippers/Nuggets or truly go after Rapts with all of the goodwill money pax has given you.

Pax kept saying he would resign if he couldn't do job then accepting this new role is hilarious to me. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Jon Greenberg made a great point. The bulls are now pointing to the White Sox org structure as a model to follow, but when the sox did it they were pointing to the bulls (paxson vp, forman gm) as a model to follow. 

You are right though, they have less baggage than knicks despite all of this. Giving the reigns of the freakin bulls over to someone can get you some top talent. But this just seems like a lot of strings.

Raid the clippers/Nuggets or truly go after Rapts with all of the goodwill money pax has given you.

Pax kept saying he would resign if he couldn't do job then accepting this new role is hilarious to me. 

My problem with pointing to the Sox as their model is this is the White Sox first true attempt at a tear down rebuild, everything before was patchwork on the fly and cross your fingers.   This is Paxsons third or fourth rebuild(depending on who you ask) and if he were to move into a -invisible- President role like KW that really doesn't make anyone think that things will change and honestly I doubt they will.

the funniest thing about all of this is them saying that Boylens job is up in the air at the end of the season.  I genuinely believe that, that they are not sure if he will lose his job.  And that is FUCKED up

9 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

My problem with pointing to the Sox as their model is this is the White Sox first true attempt at a tear down rebuild, everything before was patchwork on the fly and cross your fingers.   This is Paxsons third or fourth rebuild(depending on who you ask) and if he were to move into a -invisible- President role like KW that really doesn't make anyone think that things will change and honestly I doubt they will.

the funniest thing about all of this is them saying that Boylens job is up in the air at the end of the season.  I genuinely believe that, that they are not sure if he will lose his job.  And that is FUCKED up

Well he already was the invisible VP then when his gm sucked he went back to being visible then it turned out he was also bad and now he's back to being invisible...when he should just be gone. 

Michael Reinsdorf has just grown up around these guys and they are his family now, it's like asking Billy Madison to fire Carl.