2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

9 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

My problem with pointing to the Sox as their model is this is the White Sox first true attempt at a tear down rebuild, everything before was patchwork on the fly and cross your fingers.   This is Paxsons third or fourth rebuild(depending on who you ask) and if he were to move into a -invisible- President role like KW that really doesn't make anyone think that things will change and honestly I doubt they will.

the funniest thing about all of this is them saying that Boylens job is up in the air at the end of the season.  I genuinely believe that, that they are not sure if he will lose his job.  And that is FUCKED up

You can’t say his job is done yet. If that was the case he might as well already be canned (and to be honest...it’s not the worst idea but I think they believe they need to give him the full year and I will at least admit injuries certainly didn’t help Boylen cards). His fate will be sealed pending the bulls playing real well down the stretch. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

You can’t say his job is done yet. If that was the case he might as well already be canned (and to be honest...it’s not the worst idea but I think they believe they need to give him the full year and I will at least admit injuries certainly didn’t help Boylen cards). His fate will be sealed pending the bulls playing real well down the stretch. 

Injuries have absolutely nothing to do with Boylens incompetence as a leader of men, an as an x and o's guy. 

His system is complete trash and the real key is this... even the things boylen is right about (enough of the midrange jumpers!), the players don't respect him so they dont care/embrace his thoughts. Markkanen isnt bad because of boylen telling him to stop shooting 20 footers, but in his mind its boylens fault. He is one of the worst coaches in professional sports and he treats his players like college kids. 

On the bright side, Bulls might have Wendell and Otto Porter Jr back this week with Lauri just a bit behind. 

Why is it good to potentially win a few more games? This team should be losing every game they can. 

The worst thing that could happen to this team is they beat some bad teams (they still have zero wins vs winning teams lol) and they sneak into the 8th seed costing them a shot in the lottery.

Well it's a good thing we haven't ever said that before, because if we had said exactly the same thing every year for the last 10 years about that team someone might start thinking that the coaching and training staffs are contributing to that problem too.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Well it's a good thing we haven't ever said that before, because if we had said exactly the same thing every year for the last 10 years about that team someone might start thinking that the coaching and training staffs are contributing to that problem too.

They absolutely need to evaluate everything. That includes the front office who might be ignoring the fact that certain players are more prone to injuries.  

21 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

In other news, it sounds like Dunn's injury might be season ending.  

And again...in Bulls news....Hutch out with shoulder injury (again).  Dude starts to show some positive signs and is always hurt.  Only good thing out of this season has been Lavine...so I'm now waiting for the next shoe to drop and it will be Lavine out for the year or something stupid.  

Some pretty exciting Bulls nuggets coming out today. One report from Kaplan indicating Bulls are ready to pay good money to a GM, with some believing Sam Presti would have a desire to leave OKC for the bigger stage of Chicago. Another report from KC Johnson indicating Bulls are interested in the Pacers GM (who has done a nice job in Indiana).  Hopefully there is some smoke to this as these would be nice signs and really good outside hires, imo.  

Boylen had a run in with Lavine. I wonder if Jim makes it another few games. Seven guys out, Boylen a disaster. Only bright side is some front office change, a new head coach, and maybe the Bulls get healthy and show they aren’t as bad as their record indicates so they can find there way to post season next year. I will still say they are a near .500 team with all their chips but when everyone is injury prone it doesn’t matter.