2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

4 hours ago, NWINFan said:

I don't know how anyone can be a Bulls fan right now. The team has spent the last generation losing. Of course the 90s were great but any fan in his or her mid-twenties doesn't know what that's like. 

In the 22 seasons since management gleefully broke up the dynasty, the Bulls are 179 games below .500 with zero trips to the finals  It is finally starting to hit them at the gate, which is probably the only reason they are  expected to make changes .

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

TIL (via KC Johnson), Michael Reinsdorf will plead with any new GM to "keep an open mind" on Jim Boylen.

lol.

Any candidate willing to keep Boylen on should mean disqualification. Can anyone really think anyone outside of GarPax and the Reinsdorfs,think anyone capable of being an NBA GM, let alone a good one, thinks Jim Boylen is the guy to lead them to championships?

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

"Please i don't want to pay multiple coaches thanks"

Yea I'm sure Sam Presti loves to hear that. I'm sure he and the rest of on looking (potential) GMs are definitely going to have total control in the ops department....

This team is much better (when healthy) and with a real coach. Period.  This whole season was a train wreck.  Been fun seeing Otto Porter, Lauri, and Wendell back. The system they are running still stinks and I don't know how Valentine stayed on the bench as long as he did (again...Boylen...shakes head).  Cleveland sucks and it would have been a good tank loss, but nice to see White in the lineup and a bunch of his turnovers were due to Carter having fumblitis.  Ball movement was actually pretty decent. This team had to play a ton of stiffs given the massive injuries to key starters.  

Atkinson seems like a guy the Bulls would look at.  

Gotta love how some of the media is trying to say LeBron is the MVP when Anthony Davis is the one leading the Lakers in PPG, RPG, SPG BPG, Win Shares/48 min, BPM and PER. Also better than LeBron in FG% FT% TS%. Currently does help having another top 5 player in the game eh? 

Should be Giannis in a landslide. Hell, I'd put Doncic ahead of LeBron too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

Gotta love how some of the media is trying to say LeBron is the MVP when Anthony Davis is the one leading the Lakers in PPG, RPG, SPG BPG, Win Shares/48 min, BPM and PER. Also better than LeBron in FG% FT% TS%. Currently does help having another top 5 player in the game eh? 

Should be Giannis in a landslide. Hell, I'd put Doncic ahead of LeBron too. 

Davis is a chucker.  Anyone that watches the Lakers regularly realizes how overrated Davis is. If Davis was so good, he would have done something with the Pelicans.  Lebron is a beast and just playing stellar, but Giannis is definitely the front runner (or should be).  

I watched the Bulls Knicks game from 96. Due to age, definitely remember 97/98 more than the 96 series'.

One thought: the knicks were the least entertaining form of basketball I've ever seen. And despite the very different form of basketball, it's hard not to see some tendencies of watching Michael/Scottie/Rodman on the court and not think they would have actually been perfect for the small-ball positionless basketball. Rodman particularly could cover everyone and was perfect at taking the ball and pushing it just like Draymond.

Having three dudes 6'6-6'8, all defensively stellar and strong, all could push it up the floor, man they were something. If anything I appreciate Pippen so much more watching him over again. It's one thing to know he was good, but I couldn't tell you what it was like to watch him play the way I remember Jordan.

Last thought: holy CRAP these teams were old. There were multiple times that I'm not sure there was a player younger than 30 on the floor. Seeing the Magic series is going to be wild in that respect.