2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Joerger would be a pretty good hire. Did a nice job at Memphis and was turning the Kings around (which is hard to do).  If they opt for current available former head coaches, I think I have him above Atkinson, who had 1 really good season out of 3 and than lost his team in year 4.  

I would really be into getting Adrian Griffin back and the michael finley stuff. That's a mix of great orgs (I know some will debate dallas) but also one I think really has a good background for three orgs that have built a global talent scouting system. 

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Joerger would be a pretty good hire. Did a nice job at Memphis and was turning the Kings around (which is hard to do).  If they opt for current available former head coaches, I think I have him above Atkinson, who had 1 really good season out of 3 and than lost his team in year 4.  

Eh, the ripped the soul out of the nets and replaced it with Kyrie Irving which normally still is a positive trade except he had no shoulder and missed half the year.

One name that has surprisingly being thrown around out there is Becky Hammon. From some people in the know, she is fantastic but not sure if the players will buy in with her at the helm. 

I like Joerger, Griffin and Atkinson as well. Jordi Fernandez is another guy whose name has been thrown out there (right out of the Denver org too). 

38 minutes ago, bmags said:

I would really be into getting Adrian Griffin back and the michael finley stuff. That's a mix of great orgs (I know some will debate dallas) but also one I think really has a good background for three orgs that have built a global talent scouting system. 

I would be 100% okay with that. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Eh, the ripped the soul out of the nets and replaced it with Kyrie Irving which normally still is a positive trade except he had no shoulder and missed half the year.

Yeah but they did that not because of this season but because of Durant. They knew this season wouldn't be a success, but now they have 3 years of Durant. We'd want to do the exact same thing for one of the top 3-4 players in the league.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

It is a fair point...but he still had to manage Kyrie (not that it is easy).  

26 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Yeah but they did that not because of this season but because of Durant. They knew this season wouldn't be a success, but now they have 3 years of Durant. We'd want to do the exact same thing for one of the top 3-4 players in the league.

My comment was a response to Atkinson "losing the team" in year 4.

1 hour ago, Chisoxfn said:

Also some smoke, from Cowley, that Griffin might be emerging as a front runner for the head coach gig.  I'd be 100% okay with that.  

Good, I’m excited. Coaching is a lot about team fit, but the job that Toronto did this year under nurse was incredible.

3 hours ago, bmags said:

Good, I’m excited. Coaching is a lot about team fit, but the job that Toronto did this year under nurse was incredible.

Bulls did officially hire Connelly (former asst gm in Phoenix and was scouting more recently for Nuggets). No word on the role but more exciting is reports that Bulls new front office will have multiple asst. gm’s and that Reinsdorf has evidently vowed to open up his pocket book. 

Also it sounds like Booth, Philly VP, Clippers Asst Gm and Matt Lloyd (former Bull) all targets for GM role. No word yet on Nazr but he might be another potential asst gm or have a seperate front office role. I like Booth and Clips exec best but have no beef with Lloyd (hasn’t been as good in Orlando but was great in past stop in Chicago)

None of this may work but man it is extremely refreshing and exciting. Lots of fresh blood coming and a heck of a lot of depth being added.  Fact that our new pres has tons of global credibility is huge too (going back to his days leading NBA international scouting). 

8 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Bulls did officially hire Connelly (former asst gm in Phoenix and was scouting more recently for Nuggets). No word on the role but more exciting is reports that Bulls new front office will have multiple asst. gm’s and that Reinsdorf has evidently vowed to open up his pocket book. 

Also it sounds like Booth, Philly VP, Clippers Asst Gm and Matt Lloyd (former Bull) all targets for GM role. No word yet on Nazr but he might be another potential asst gm or have a seperate front office role. I like Booth and Clips exec best but have no beef with Lloyd (hasn’t been as good in Orlando but was great in past stop in Chicago)

None of this may work but man it is extremely refreshing and exciting. Lots of fresh blood coming and a heck of a lot of depth being added.  Fact that our new pres has tons of global credibility is huge too (going back to his days leading NBA international scouting). 

I missed all this are they official?

On 4/10/2020 at 11:14 AM, SoxAce said:

One name that has surprisingly being thrown around out there is Becky Hammon. From some people in the know, she is fantastic but not sure if the players will buy in with her at the helm. 

I like Joerger, Griffin and Atkinson as well. Jordi Fernandez is another guy whose name has been thrown out there (right out of the Denver org too). 

If there's a locker room that would, a young one with Zach, Coby, Lauri and Wendell seems primed to, especially old-school hardass Jimbo.

If anyone wants even more AK highs, give BullsHQ a listen. They have a Nuggets beat writer on and AK is basically the anti-Gar: basketball lifer, no bullshit, commands respect, charismatic, listens to everyone in the room, favors analytics, etc.

He's also gonna jettison Boylen because he wants to get someone to give love to players like Lauri, Wendell, and Valentine.

8 hours ago, Quin said:

If anyone wants even more AK highs, give BullsHQ a listen. They have a Nuggets beat writer on and AK is basically the anti-Gar: basketball lifer, no bullshit, commands respect, charismatic, listens to everyone in the room, favors analytics, etc.

He's also gonna jettison Boylen because he wants to get someone to give love to players like Lauri, Wendell, and Valentine.

But why