2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Deni is like a Toni Kukoc/Hedo Turkoglu like player. Horrible FT shooter though. If you're expecting Luka, you're going to be sorely disappointed just like when people thought Mirotic would be Dirk.

Ball is super creative offensively. He's definitely better than his brother. He does need to be coached up however. His "bad" shooting has more to do with shot selection than actually being a bad shooter. I don't think AK would mind his dad, he just would shut him up, similar to how the Pelicans have kept LaVar quiet.

Bulls absolutely should not trade LaVine for anyone in this draft. If LaVine was back at UCLA, he would be the #1 pick in this draft. I would be okay if you trade any other pieces to get GSW's pick, but chances are, they wouldn't do it unless it was multiple pieces - such as Lauri & Wendell. Which again, to me, would not be worth it (not both). 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Deni is like a Toni Kukoc/Hedo Turkoglu like player. Horrible FT shooter though. If you're expecting Luka, you're going to be sorely disappointed just like when people thought Mirotic would be Dirk.

Ball is super creative offensively. He's definitely better than his brother. He does need to be coached up however. His "bad" shooting has more to do with shot selection than actually being a bad shooter. I don't think AK would mind his dad, he just would shut him up, similar to how the Pelicans have kept LaVar quiet.

Bulls absolutely should not trade LaVine for anyone in this draft. If LaVine was back at UCLA, he would be the #1 pick in this draft. I would be okay if you trade any other pieces to get GSW's pick, but chances are, they wouldn't do it unless it was multiple pieces - such as Lauri & Wendell. Which again, to me, would not be worth it (not both). 

I can see Avdija's shot improving with the right NBA coach. Dude worked on his free throws instead of partying with his team, he just seems to have inconsistency with his form.

Ball has bad shot selection and decision making, but his handle seems so much tighter than Lonzo's. 

I really think the Bulls can't go wrong with either one, but I trust AK to make the right call with foreign players / players who played over seas.

Killian Hayes is the one that I'm intrigued by - The Ringer and other places love him. He's got some great passing, but really left hand dominant. I imagine that'd be a trade down scenario if AK opted for that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Quin said:

I can see Avdija's shot improving with the right NBA coach. Dude worked on his free throws instead of partying with his team, he just seems to have inconsistency with his form.

Ball has bad shot selection and decision making, but his handle seems so much tighter than Lonzo's. 

I really think the Bulls can't go wrong with either one, but I trust AK to make the right call with foreign players / players who played over seas.

Killian Hayes is the one that I'm intrigued by - The Ringer and other places love him. He's got some great passing, but really left hand dominant. I imagine that'd be a trade down scenario if AK opted for that.

Hayes is definitely nice. I think this draft has a bunch of nice players, but no one worth trading the farm for. I think LaMelo has the highest ceiling and guys like him are magnets for other stars if they pan out.

• Like 2

Why are people so down on LaVine that they would use him as trade bait to move up a few spots?  I honestly wouldn't trade him straight up for anybody in this draft, and in all honesty, he'd probably go #1 in this draft.  Also wouldn't use Lauri or Wendell to move up either.  I say just stay put and pick BPA, which I could envision Ball being there.  Personally, I'm on the Killian Hayes bandwagon.

• Thanks 1

I was never a big Wendell Carter lover, but the Boylen system didn’t exactly cater to his strengths. Same with Laurie. Laurie was a better player before Boylen ran the show. I expect improvement when someone who coaches to their players strengths gets hired. Lavine is fine. He just is miscast as a #1 option. He just doesn’t finish at the end of games. No need to get rid of him unless it is part of the coast to bring one of those players in. The problem is the Bulls still don’t really know what they have. As crazy as some of the stuff that went done was, that is the real problem with the Boylen era. 

It will be interesting to see what they do with their roster. I don’t know if much can be done this offseason with Otto Porter on the books, but I suspect when the Bulls are contenders again, not all of Lavine, Laurie, Wendell and Coby White will be on the roster.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KillahPriest said:

Why are people so down on LaVine that they would use him as trade bait to move up a few spots?  I honestly wouldn't trade him straight up for anybody in this draft, and in all honesty, he'd probably go #1 in this draft.  Also wouldn't use Lauri or Wendell to move up either.  I say just stay put and pick BPA, which I could envision Ball being there.  Personally, I'm on the Killian Hayes bandwagon.

I would trade Levine for another top 3 pick. He will be long gone by the time this team is good again.  I would rather get another guy who would be on a longer time line.

I wonder if the Sixers end up making a move from one of Embid / Simmons.  I know they have publicly stated they won't, but I wonder if pressures would emerge.  I think if I were the Bulls - If Simmons were to be on the block - I would pretty aggressively move to acquire him. He has some warts but he's still extremely young and has all of the elite skillsets that are out there.  I'm sure other teams probably have more assets to give, but it would be an interesting area for the Bulls to look (as they absolutely need to find ways to acquire difference makers or guys who can become difference makers).  

21 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I wonder if the Sixers end up making a move from one of Embid / Simmons.  I know they have publicly stated they won't, but I wonder if pressures would emerge.  I think if I were the Bulls - If Simmons were to be on the block - I would pretty aggressively move to acquire him. He has some warts but he's still extremely young and has all of the elite skillsets that are out there.  I'm sure other teams probably have more assets to give, but it would be an interesting area for the Bulls to look (as they absolutely need to find ways to acquire difference makers or guys who can become difference makers).  

I could absolutely see Lavine plus something else making sense as a package for Simmons but yeah the 76ers would need to decide that’s the way they want to go. Downgrade in talent but probably far better fit alongside Embiid. Would the Bulls have enough to absorb Horfords bad contract? That could really help make that work.

Also, I think I would be totally ok with either of the two recently fired head coaches taking over the Bulls. Flame away on that one.

27 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

What does this mean?  Is the league really going to go on without 2 of the top teams?  

Nobody knows. Aside from Lebron supposedly saying the owners need to be more involved, there isn't a clear statement of demands by those teams yet.

This thread has been closed, edited, and reopened.  We have removed all posts that went with the racially charged discussion from the NBA protests.  Soxtalk staff has addressed the more egregious posts with the people who made them.  If anyone has questions, please feel free to message one of the admin/mod staff in private.  From this point on if you would like to talk about the impact on the NBA and basketball side of things, please feel free.  If you want to comment about the players, their ethics, or any of racial issues that go with this, especially to use racially charged terminology that you wouldn't used around mixed company, don't.  The posts will be deleted, and your future status on Soxtalk will be discussed.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

Any good candidates for Bulls coach?

Nate McMillan is a pretty darn good regular season coach. He hasn't had a lot of success in the playoffs - but I don't know if that is him or the fact that in the playoffs talent matters more/ McMillan's ability to literally get the most out of his roster year in / year out is pretty evident (and he's done it for multiple organizations - which I think is a testament to him being a very good coach).  The problem is - he has never really had much firepower, which in the postseason, you ultimately need.  That said - Bulls haven't historically gone for vet coaches.  

13 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Nate McMillan is a pretty darn good regular season coach. He hasn't had a lot of success in the playoffs - but I don't know if that is him or the fact that in the playoffs talent matters more/ McMillan's ability to literally get the most out of his roster year in / year out is pretty evident (and he's done it for multiple organizations - which I think is a testament to him being a very good coach).  The problem is - he has never really had much firepower, which in the postseason, you ultimately need.  That said - Bulls haven't historically gone for vet coaches.  

McMillan said he's taking a year off.