2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

16 minutes ago, Quin said:

You seem uneducated and misinformed about how much two superstars can accomplish in this league. 

There was huge luck involved, but God did they play this rebuild perfectly. Just please let Zion's knees be healthy and not Rose 2.0.

I'm not sure I even remembered them signing players like Reddick and favors. Lonzo looked good but does some real dumb shots still, and I love the walker-alexander player.

Raptors still looked good too.

One team Im surprised how high everyone is on is the Heat. They've overperformed a lot and now have Jimmy, but I've seen that before.

• Thanks 1

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, bmags said:

One team Im surprised how high everyone is on is the Heat. They've overperformed a lot and now have Jimmy, but I've seen that before.

I'm not surprised by this at all.  Their top scorer last year was Josh Richardson replaced by a great 1b and two way player in Jimmy.  Two very good looking rookies with potential, Justice Winslow had a nice season as a better scorer and facilitator.  Bam Adebayo was really good the last two months of the season.  They had no star power and almost made the playoffs, they could be a lot better with so much uncertainty in the East and stacked with young guys with potential that are already getting better.

Edited by Chi Town Sox

I'm clearly a glutton for punishment because I'm excited about this Bulls season. Not in the "this team is going to advance in the playoffs" kind of excited, but like the arrow is pointing up and this roster may include players that are on the Next Good Bulls Team.

37 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Not a good 1st game by the Bulls. Hornets were just unconscious from 3. 

Markkanen, Carter Jr. and Coby White were damn good though.

LaVine... not so much.

It was oddly like a complete bizzaro world from preseason. White with 7 assists, Lauri super assertive.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

LaVine... not so much.

You left out the part about the hornets being unconscious from 3 because they were almost all wide fuckin open and the Bulls play some of the worst defense of all time.

We've got a couple of damn good players in a superstar league.  Can't wait for the excitement of just barely missing the playoffs in the worst conference ever.

The absolutes are merited in this case by the way

1 minute ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

You left out the part about the hornets being unconscious from 3 because they were almost all wide fuckin open and the Bulls play some of the worst defense of all time.

They were making 3s on contested shots too. It honestly didn't matter for them. Was like watching Golden State out there. It was definitely an outlier game for them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

They were making 3s on contested shots too. It honestly didn't matter for them. Was like watching Golden State out there. It was definitely an outlier game for them.

The uncontested dunks/layups didn't make a difference too?  The speedy cody freakin zeller cutting to the basket all by his lonesome and slamming it home didn't concern you one bit?  Cody.  Fuckin.  Zeller.  

This team got killed by some guy named bacon.  BACON.

Anyways, not gonna make snap judgements based on one game, but this does have the feel of another bad year already after that showing against a really bad team with a bunch of no-names.

3 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

The uncontested dunks/layups didn't make a difference too?  The speedy cody freakin zeller cutting to the basket all by his lonesome and slamming it home didn't concern you one bit?  Cody.  Fuckin.  Zeller.  

Bulls owned them in the paint FYI.

One team shot 23-44 from 3. The other team shot 9-30. That was the difference. 

21 minutes ago, SleepyWhiteSox said:

This team got killed by some guy named bacon.  BACON.

Anyways, not gonna make snap judgements based on one game, but this does have the feel of another bad year already after that showing against a really bad team with a bunch of no-names.

Since when did Gordon Beckham play in the NBA? 

/rimshot

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Bulls owned them in the paint FYI.

One team shot 23-44 from 3. The other team shot 9-30. That was the difference. 

That game was a complete anomaly. PJ Washington, who hit 38 3s on 38% in two years of college went 7/11. Graham, who shot 28% last year and made 0.7 per game went 6/7. There were definitely contested shots.

Lauri was encouraging besides the two missed FTs in crunch time that ultimately probably cost them the game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Boogua said:

That game was a complete anomaly. PJ Washington, who hit 38 3s on 38% in two years of college went 7/11. Graham, who shot 28% last year and made 0.7 per game went 6/7. There were definitely contested shots.

Bingo. Great post.

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

LaVine... not so much.

I’ll live. Hornets shot unconscious from three. Nine out of ten times that is a road win. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

I’ll live. Hornets shot unconscious from three. Nine out of ten times that is a road win. 

On a night when Sato, Porter and LaVine weren't hitting, a one point loss is fine.

My big takeaways tonight were Lauri's aggression, Coby the sparkplug, Bench Dunn looked promising, and Denzel has worse trade value than Dunn.

Edited by Quin

Defense still horrible. Lavine didn’t have a very good game, and struggled with the close out which has been an issue. For him to become a star, the end of games is something he needs to improve.

At least they were easier to watch, but this team is going to be mediocre for a long while unless something really unexpected happens.. 

10 hours ago, SoxAce said:

This. They shot a higher % from 3 than they did overall.   Bulls can also light it up and had a terrible 1H/1Q shooting and Got back into the game. 

Definitely need to find ways to make stops on D but they have legit talent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1