Madrigal Mystery Tour

2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Both Harden and Westbrook have been missing from the bubble and opening games are in like 2 weeks, so I was kinda figuring.

If this is true, Karnisovas should resign on the spot. Reinsdorf is still paying Hoiberg and you already know that he doesn't wanna pay yet another coach. Just ridiculous.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

I would love to clean the Knicks out of first round picks again.

Lavine is about the only player I think on the Bulls who is actually worth anything (plus Wendell).  The more I think about how Lauri dissapeared I am more ready to ship him out and while I like White's attitude and hustle, he's more Ben Gordon than anything else. I think Lavine is signed to a reasonable contract, works hard, and while he has his flaws, has the elite athleticism that can make him even better - plus he has legitimate gotten better each year he has been in Chicago.  

I'm very curious to see what the new front office does around the roster and what choices they make.  If I ran the team - I might think about trading a lot of guys to either accumulate picks and/or leverage them to get a topline player looking to make a move.  I should caveat - I don't mind the other guys, but none of them are "special" talents, imo and I don't think any of them have that ability either.  

Really wish they took a path where they really built around Buckets (as crazy as he is, the dude was good and could have recruited).  

8 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Lavine is about the only player I think on the Bulls who is actually worth anything (plus Wendell).  The more I think about how Lauri dissapeared I am more ready to ship him out and while I like White's attitude and hustle, he's more Ben Gordon than anything else. I think Lavine is signed to a reasonable contract, works hard, and while he has his flaws, has the elite athleticism that can make him even better - plus he has legitimate gotten better each year he has been in Chicago.  

I'm very curious to see what the new front office does around the roster and what choices they make.  If I ran the team - I might think about trading a lot of guys to either accumulate picks and/or leverage them to get a topline player looking to make a move.  I should caveat - I don't mind the other guys, but none of them are "special" talents, imo and I don't think any of them have that ability either.  

Really wish they took a path where they really built around Buckets (as crazy as he is, the dude was good and could have recruited).  

Jimmy wasn't going to stay though. 

I do  like the idea of doing a TRUE rebuild.  Ship everyone out, grab as many first round picks as possible and start over.

32 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Jimmy wasn't going to stay though. 

I do  like the idea of doing a TRUE rebuild.  Ship everyone out, grab as many first round picks as possible and start over.

Jimmy was 100% happy and ready to stay.  He was blindsided when the Bulls shipped him out. Now whether the Bulls wanted to supermax him, that is another story.  

3 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Jimmy was 100% happy and ready to stay.  He was blindsided when the Bulls shipped him out. Now whether the Bulls wanted to supermax him, that is another story.  

He was going to chase the big money.  I doubt the Bulls were going to be the team to give it to him.  Plus, he put the Bulls into the spot

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/jimmy-butler-issued-ultimatum-to-bulls-before-trade/27826/

On 8/6/2020 at 12:33 PM, SoxAce said:

Awful... simply awful. Fuck Jerry Reinsdorf. 

Jerry Reinsdorf doesnt even run the Bulls anymore, its all through his son I thought?

Just for funsies I put money down on the Mavs to win it all. 50 bucks to win 1500... I love Luka and a more aggressive KP has been balling out....but another reason I decided to throw a little coin on them was Boban. Whyyyy does he not get more rub?? I watched that last game before the shutdown and he looked dominate! Now hes not getting any playing time. What gives? Are they saving him for the playoffs?

I'll admit, I haven't watched much basketball this year, which is why I added the "For funsies" part.

#FreeBoban

On 8/8/2020 at 3:45 PM, GoodAsGould said:

Jerry Reinsdorf doesnt even run the Bulls anymore, its all through his son I thought?

The counter to this is what Woj is reporting - which is basically the Bulls are in zero rush to make a move.  In general, why should they. If they want a guy who is in the "bubble" right now (which is probably a high probability), you aren't going to get him for a while so you might as well just continue to work and evaluate Boylan and the entire team. My gut is the new front office doesn't like the makeup of the team at all and recognizes that the team just has a lot of fundamental flaws, including just one player who has any chance at being an upper echelon guy (Lavine - we all know he has his warts, but he is the one guy who has elite athlecism and has shown an ability to get better every single year).  Outside of that Laurie peaked a year ago and maybe that is coaching but maybe he just isn't as special as everyone says. Reality is he is probably far more likely to be a role player vs. anything else. As a rookie - we could see him getting better and better, but developmentally - he more plateaued at what he was vs. got better. Maybe he takes a big step forward this next year, but it is kind of his last shot.

White - lacks elite athleticism and has size issues as a 2 guard, but obviously not bad defensively, but not a natural point guard either.  He does have a knack for scoring and seems like that "microwave" type of guy and maybe he can develop into a more efficient scorer but hard to say.  More likely he's a poor man Lavine (in the sense that Lavine has elite athleticism and better all around shooting).  Wendell Carter is a good piece - but hard to evaluate given all his injuries.  

You could pretty easily just look at that and go - well, you suck Chicago, you have a bunch of mediocrity - better blow this thing up and start over.  I would love to be a fly on the wall and see what they are saying. Worse part is - with all this uncertainty, probably the worse possible time to hit a restart button.  Of course - you get the right draft pick and get a star, everything changes.  Funny how NBA works - everything is better with a star.  And if you find that star - you keep him and do everything you can to find other stars/elite players - than have good people who can draft solid role players (which the Bulls have historically done an excellent job at - finding solid role players/picks).  

BOOM! So that's where the Basabe traded for cash went to. ;)

Edited by SoxAce

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Another "cheap" narrative is dead.

Well except for the fact that he was brought back in the first place.

23 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Well except for the fact that he was brought back in the first place.

Brought back to what?

Just now, Quin said:

Cowley being a hack once again confirmed.

Dude is unloading all of his dirt.  OMG he was mean to the team chef!@!#@!

25 minutes ago, Quin said:

Cowley being a hack once again confirmed.

x10

"Don't be surprised if Boylen stays"

"New FO giving him more of a shot than you'd think"

"Boylen fired"

"Boylen was a horrible with players and it's no surprise it was fired"

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, bmags said:

x10

"Don't be surprised if Boylen stays"

"New FO giving him more of a shot than you'd think"

"Boylen fired"

"Boylen was a horrible with players and it's no surprise it was fired"