2019-2020 Official NBA Thread

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Quin said:

Cowley being a hack once again confirmed.

x10

"Don't be surprised if Boylen stays"

"New FO giving him more of a shot than you'd think"

"Boylen fired"

"Boylen was a horrible with players and it's no surprise it was fired"

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Cowley being a hack once again confirmed.

Yeah - Now that the regular season is ending in the bubble - they made the move. Timing makes total sense (since they clearly aren't focused on any of the candidates who were out of the bubble).  

6 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

So who remembers when this was the official statement by the Alameda PD?

Lying police officer shoved him, shoved him again when he pulled out his credentials, then said he refused to show them. And forgot he was on video doing it.

Lying cop also sued Ujiiri

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

I like Melo and I can see the draft going Edwards, Wiseman and Melo in no particular order. I do like me some Hayes though. 

If I'm the Bulls I'd package one of their young players and try and move up though.

Which guy would you move? It would have to be Lavine and imo he and White are kind of redundant. 

57 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Which guy would you move? It would have to be Lavine and imo he and White are kind of redundant. 

Levine is the only guy on the entire roster I wouldn't move. He is literally the only guy who has true superstar skills - not saying he will be, but he has all the tools and has gotten better every year. Flawed - absolutely. Oh and he's signed to a pretty damn reasonable deal.  If the Bulls like Ball, you draft Ball and than package the other guys Laurie or maybe others) to try and grab a better piece or land someone looking to move elsewhere.  

3 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I like Melo and I can see the draft going Edwards, Wiseman and Melo in no particular order. I do like me some Hayes though. 

If I'm the Bulls I'd package one of their young players and try and move up though.

Disagree, this draft is a clusterfuck and no reason to trade draft capital. 

And I dont want Melo. Maybe hes great but just dont trust anything to do with that family.

8 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Disagree, this draft is a clusterfuck and no reason to trade draft capital. 

And I dont want Melo. Maybe hes great but just dont trust anything to do with that family.

Agreed. I stay put at 4. No one at the top screams "move up and draft me"

11 hours ago, Quin said:

Agreed. I stay put at 4. No one at the top screams "move up and draft me"

Also worth considering the teams that might move down.

The Warriors seem likely to trade their pick. Would the Warriors want Lavine? He's a good player, but that's one team where I'd say he's a terrible fit as they already have better versions of him. White I could see as a maybe, but same sort of problem in that he'd just be a backcourt rotation player. The guys the Warriors could use are the front court guys Markkanen and Carter, but the Boylen years have taken a toll on both of them with lots of injuries and not particularly impressive performance. Markkanen is also a restricted free agent this offseason, so reduced value there too.

The TWolves have had some whispers about moving down, but seems less likely. Are they a fit for Lavine after trading him away? Would you put him in a backcourt alongside Russell? White might actually be a better fit there, but not sure if White + the number 4 pick is enough to move up to the #1, and not sure if that's a good move for the Bulls anyway. 

15 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah, I'm not trading up in this draft. Glad they got 4, but it's a pretty weak draft.

39 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Also worth considering the teams that might move down.

The Warriors seem likely to trade their pick. Would the Warriors want Lavine? He's a good player, but that's one team where I'd say he's a terrible fit as they already have better versions of him. White I could see as a maybe, but same sort of problem in that he'd just be a backcourt rotation player. The guys the Warriors could use are the front court guys Markkanen and Carter, but the Boylen years have taken a toll on both of them with lots of injuries and not particularly impressive performance. Markkanen is also a restricted free agent this offseason, so reduced value there too.

The TWolves have had some whispers about moving down, but seems less likely. Are they a fit for Lavine after trading him away? Would you put him in a backcourt alongside Russell? White might actually be a better fit there, but not sure if White + the number 4 pick is enough to move up to the #1, and not sure if that's a good move for the Bulls anyway. 

Of the projected Top 4 - Edwards, Wiseman, LaMelo, and Avdija - I imagine only Edwards is a guarantee to not be at 4. If Wiseman falls, you can explore trading Lauri, Wendell, or the pick. I think you can make either LaMelo or Deni work with the existing team while simultaneously keeping the cheaper contract of the #4 pick, which will be important for the coming free agent classes.