6/30 Games

soxfan49

6 minutes ago, MyNamesRod said:

Yermin Mercedes with a first inning double......but it doesn’t matter because he’s 26 I guess 🤷🏻‍♂

Nah, at this point he should definitely get a look towards the end of the season or next as a backup C/DH option.  He's hit everywhere in the minors.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, KillahPriest said:

Nah, at this point he should definitely get a look towards the end of the season or next as a backup C/DH option.  He's hit everywhere in the minors.

I would rather see what he can do instead of Palka. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Walker 2-3, RBI, BB, R

He's coming along as a very good prospect and it will be fun to see how much he progresses.

For those who aren't all too familiar with him, what kind of player is he? Speed, power, hit tool, etc

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He's coming along as a very good prospect and it will be fun to see how much he progresses.

For those who aren't all too familiar with him, what kind of player is he? Speed, power, hit tool, etc

I would like to know that as well. It seems like his hit tool is his best.

8 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

I would like to know that as well. It seems like his hit tool is his best.

It is. At least what was touted coming out. Probably his best tool IMO as the other ones are likely on the average side. I think he's similar to Gonzalez except a bit better hit tool (maybe slightly better defensively as well). 

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

It is. At least what was touted coming out. Probably his best tool IMO as the other ones are likely on the average side. I think he's similar to Gonzalez except a bit better hit tool (maybe slightly better defensively as well). 

He’s got more raw power than Luis Gonzalez.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Sheets has himself a HR btw

He’s been really good the past month or so.  There still may be hope with him.

As for Rutherford, I know his average has shot up as of late, but his K rate, BB rate, & ISO have remained bad during this stretch.  I’m not giving up on him or anything, but his recent stretch looks like BABIP regression to the mean more than anything.