6/30 Games

soxfan49

9 hours ago, MyNamesRod said:

Yermin Mercedes with a first inning double......but it doesn’t matter because he’s 26 I guess 🤷🏻‍♂

He can hit.   He strikes out some, but not an obscene amount, and he walks pretty well. He was dominating Birmingham when everyone else was floundering.

I mentioned him in one these threads in early April and the response I received (I think from one of the Future Sox guys)) was that he's bad defensively...I don't know if that's improved.  But let him play some DH.  If he can hit AA he can probably hit AAA; so just as soon call him up at some point.

Edited by GreenSox

56 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

That AZL team is hella interesting to follow, and should be even more so when Thompson and Dalquist steps onto the mound. Though I presume is Vaughn is on his way to Great Falls right now.

I am intrigued that Paddy may have found legit shots at pieces in JOse Rodriguez, and then Ramos and Diaz now. The 2017/18 classes I assumed were written off, these guys were older, mid period signings (less so Diaz I believe).

If we actually got production from those years that shows tremendous progress.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I am intrigued that Paddy may have found legit shots at pieces in JOse Rodriguez, and then Ramos and Diaz now. The 2017/18 classes I assumed were written off, these guys were older, mid period signings (less so Diaz I believe).

Paddy's value is solely tied to his finding the lesser valued or unknown. Wouldnt be shocked at all if he found undervalued guys.

48 minutes ago, bmags said:

Have a couple of guys down in DSL that are intriguing too part of the recent class. They make for interesting follows for sure, but it would be at least a couple of years until we find out if they're legit prospects.

4 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Have a couple of guys down in DSL that are intriguing too part of the recent class. They make for interesting follows for sure, but it would be at least a couple of years until we find out if they're legit prospects.

Well that's why I'll focus on players like Ramos who is 17. They skipped DSL and are handling AZL well, that's a great sign. We'll see how the year ends up.

But then Rodriguez has shown power at 17 in DSL and improved it in AZL at 18.

Regardless if they end up as MLB roster pieces, producing at a young age makes them trade pieces, and when you compare them to the performances of guys in their AZL stints from the 2013/14/15 classes, they are doing WAY better.