Cease starts game 1 on Wednesday

soxfan49

Just now, bubba phillips said:

For those who thought that Cease shouldn't be brought up because of his 4.66 ERA in AAA: 

Minnesota's starter today is making his MLB debut after 14 starts this year in AAA where his ERA was 5.71!!!.

Cease could've been bored, could've felt pressure, could've been dealing with a horseshit catcher, and/or definitely dealing with a hitters park in Charlotte. Either way he's been extremely unlucky at AAA. He's ready, and the Sox have thought he was ready since March.

13 minutes ago, black jack said:

Exciting, but imo, too soon.

I would've waited until next June. 

8 minutes ago, Nardiwashere said:

Why waste the service time?  I would've waited until the June after next

Or have him play his whole career in Charlotte?  He is from the South after all.

1 minute ago, soxfan49 said:

Cease could've been bored, could've felt pressure, could've been dealing with a horseshit catcher, and/or definitely dealing with a hitters park in Charlotte. Either way he's been extremely unlucky at AAA. He's ready, and the Sox have thought he was ready since March.

I didn't see him pitch in Triple A.  He also could have been working on certain things . so who knows I agree with you..

Last year Kopech came up when he went thru struggles then was dealing.  Not sure I have seen Cease straighten back out.  If he is bad, I hope it doesn't hurt his confidence.  I do not disagree he is probably the best option right now.  I wouldn't mind Kubat at some point.  Relatively soft tossing lefties have had success before.

• Like 1