Cease starts game 1 on Wednesday

soxfan49

2 hours ago, Timmy U said:

Or have him play his whole career in Charlotte?  He is from the South after all.

It's hilarious how some people are so afraid of rushing prospects. How old is Tatis? Glad to see most in this thread are in favor of bringing him up. I can't wait for baseball to change its mindset to that of the NBA and start playing guys at 19 years old. This system of wasting 4-6 years in the minors makes no sense.

Edited by greg775

3 hours ago, mqr said:

Why game 1? Come on Jerry think of the money

I'm shocked the Control Freak acquiesced. 

When Hahn says. "close" that could mean in terms of years.

Anybody think 20 year old Tatis Jr would starting for the parent club had he been kept ?

LOL.  Please.

Edited by GradMc

17 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Cease could've been bored, could've felt pressure, could've been dealing with a horseshit catcher, and/or definitely dealing with a hitters park in Charlotte. Either way he's been extremely unlucky at AAA. He's ready, and the Sox have thought he was ready since March.

Yikes.

2 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

Since we have a day night double header Wednesday, should we expect a normal lineup for Thursday's day game? I'm debating if I should take the young children to the park. 

Of course you should take them. It's all about making memories with Dad. Enjoy the children the lineup is secondary.

21 hours ago, pcq said:

Not ready. Parkman will have a heart attack.

Actually quite the opposite. It will be really hard to keep Moncada and Giolito after their team control is up. They both have money already, they're more likely to test FA. 
Bring everyone up ASAP. I honestly wouldn't complain one bit if they brought up Madrigal and Robert tomorrow, because they're both advanced enough that they won't learn anything in the minors. Give them an entire offseason to make adjustments to MLB pitching and let's fucking go in 2020. 

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Of course you should take them. It's all about making memories with Dad. Enjoy the children the lineup is secondary.

I was debating going Thursday or Wednesday game two. They love Moncada and Eloy so I want to take them to a game they will play in. My apologies for not making that clear. 

2 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Actually quite the opposite. It will be really hard to keep Moncada and Giolito after their team control is up. They both have money already, they're more likely to test FA. 
Bring everyone up ASAP. I honestly wouldn't complain one bit if they brought up Madrigal and Robert tomorrow, because they're both advanced enough that they won't learn anything in the minors. Give them an entire offseason to make adjustments to MLB pitching and let's fucking go in 2020. 

Please explain the bolded. Are you saying because of his famous family?

Edited by soxfan2014