All Star Lucas Giolito

soxfan49

Congrats to Gio.  Even last year he was one of my favorite people on the team, glad he's been rewarded for all his hard work.  Described himself as a cool nerd and not that athletic.  I can get behind a guy like that.  As far as I'm concerned he's the anti-Jake Arrieta (my least favorite human to ever put on a baseball uniform.)

Congrats to Gio.

I love his new pitching motion. Very smooth. I like the leg kick too. Wonder if PTATC could comment on Gio's motion and leg kick. Compare his style to Nate Jones please. PTATC should all pitchers have smooth motions like Gio? Seems a no brainer.

At any rate, bless you Gio and CONGRATS on a fine honor. Hope he has a nice 1-2-3 first inning in the game.

3 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Neither you nor Don Cooper deserve to strut like that but Giolito’s high school pitching coach does.  😜

Touche. I was the person that argued for his TOR potential the most, when he was at his lowest. The vast majority of this site wanted him DFA. 

You should see my Lopez vs Gio arguments from last August. I nailed that one. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I think I deserve this

WWE Vince McMahon - Power Walk wwe, vince, mcmahon, wrestling, power, walk, lutte, entrance, raw GIF

7 minutes ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Neither you nor Don Cooper deserve to strut like that but Giolito’s high school pitching coach does.  😜

I think you deserve it Parkman.  You saw it and never wavered.  Your faith in him has helped make Giolito a success!

Edited by turnin' two

3 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I think you deserve it Parkman.  You saw it and never wavered.  Your faith in him has helped make Giolito a success!

I’m waiting for him to talk up Lopez now so he will turn it around next season.  😤

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Touche. I was the person that argued for his TOR potential the most, when he was at his lowest. The vast majority of this site wanted him DFA. 

You should see my Lopez vs Gio arguments from last August. I nailed that one. 

The vast majority of the site did not want Giolito DFAed.  And this cockiness is only going to result in some sort of injury.  You best be careful Jack when testing the baseball gods as they can be extremely vengeful.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

The vast majority of the site did not want Giolito DFAed.  And this cockiness is only going to result in some sort of injury.  You best be careful Jack when testing the baseball gods as they can be extremely vengeful.

The story gets better even time he writes it, which is often, Congrats to LuGio. I like calling him that . Sounds like an anime character. I'm not into that stuff but isn't there a Yu-Gi-o anime dude ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If they chose the ASG rosters today would he still make the team? 

Yes.  Overall numbers still among the best in the AL.  I am worried that his walk rate is going to continue to limit him in the 2nd half however.  He needs to be like most aces and give up solo home runs.

A bit off topic, but with him pitching in the AS game, how do ya'll think RR will order the rotation for the second half? My friends and I are going to get tickets for either the Friday or Sunday game against the As, we are hoping to get Gio.

12 minutes ago, gusguyman said:

A bit off topic, but with him pitching in the AS game, how do ya'll think RR will order the rotation for the second half? My friends and I are going to get tickets for either the Friday or Sunday game against the As, we are hoping to get Gio.

I think Fegan said Cease will likely start Friday.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I think Fegan said Cease will likely start Friday.

Would Giolito go Saturday or Sunday? Given that he's not starting he's probably only throwing one inning and a maximum of 25 pitches. Isn't that only the rough equivalent of a side session? Sunday would be full rest. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Would Giolito go Saturday or Sunday? Given that he's not starting he's probably only throwing one inning and a maximum of 25 pitches. Isn't that only the rough equivalent of a side session? Sunday would be full rest. 

Giolito did an interview at the same as Matt Chapman tonight. He said he’s probably not starting in Oakland...which means he’s not starting in Oakland.

13 minutes ago, flavum said:

Giolito did an interview at the same as Matt Chapman tonight. He said he’s probably not starting in Oakland...which means he’s not starting in Oakland.

I'm fine with that he needs a bit of a break. He's been facing top lineups for a month straight.