7/1 Games

soxfan49

1 hour ago, Jose Abreu said:

I wonder if they don’t even bother with him down there and just move him stateside soon?

They have moved guys over mid season before (coronado in 16, who has been terrible).

I'd rather a guy be on the backfields in AZ than even DSL, tbh.

whoa DSL was down 9-4 in the 5th and scored 9 runs in the last 4 to win 13-9.

Bailey 3-5, 2b now slashing .397/.523/.493 (17 y.o.)

Sanchez 2-5, 2b, BB now batting .295 with an .832 ops (17 y.o.)

Bernal 1-5 HR

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/prospects/stats/affiliates?date=07/01/2019

RE: Bailey and even a couple others might be ready.  I guess it is a balance as he is only seventeen and obviously a very different culture awaits in Arizona.  Maybe better to bring a couple or if there are players in AZ he has played with it could help him assimilate.  No idea his maturity, language skills, personality etc

1 minute ago, BamaDoc said:

https://www.mlb.com/whitesox/prospects/stats/affiliates?date=07/01/2019

RE: Bailey and even a couple others might be ready.  I guess it is a balance as he is only seventeen and obviously a very different culture awaits in Arizona.  Maybe better to bring a couple or if there are players in AZ he has played with it could help him assimilate.  No idea his maturity, language skills, personality etc

Yeah but it seems like Getz prefers sending them over earlier for that reason. They seem to believe in their new cultural programs and that may be a reason to get them in AZ earlier and start that process.

10 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

The people that crucified Eloy for chasing sliders away are going to absolutely go insane when Robert is called up. :D

Yeah seems he’s striking out every other at bat now. With that said, his K rate isn’t awful.

6 minutes ago, flavum said:

This guy has fan favorite written all over him. 

Yep, I loved what I saw of him in college. It surprises me so many Sox fans have been so down on him from the beginning. He’s the exact type of hitter the already strikeout heavy WS lineup needs next season and beyond.

Mercedes with another homer. I'm not in anyway calling for him to get a call to the bigs soon, but if he sustains monster numbers in AAA (and I mean monster considering the hitting conditions) the rest of the year, I'm willing to see him at least get a cup of coffee in the bigs to see if he's got it.

1 minute ago, danman31 said:

Mercedes with another homer. I'm not in anyway calling for him to get a call to the bigs soon, but if he sustains monster numbers in AAA (and I mean monster considering the hitting conditions) the rest of the year, I'm willing to see him at least get a cup of coffee in the bigs to see if he's got it.

He may get screwed at a look by his age and timing, if they extend Abreu and Vaughn gets major league ready quickly.