7/1 Games

soxfan49

1 hour ago, MyNamesRod said:

I would 100% rather see Mercedes instead of Palka and then send wellington to the moon

That's kind of where my head at is as well. Palka is getting another shot and I'm fine with that. If he continues to struggle in the bigs, I wouldn't mind seeing Mercedes get his roster spot (assuming Mercedes continues to rake). I don't think expect/want them to be playing the experiment game in 2020. This might be the last year they can do these "well, let's see if you're anything" type of experiments. We've gone through Engel, Delmonico, Cordell, Tilson, Palka (I'm probably missing a few) and none of them have stuck. One more in 2019 ain't gonna hurt anything.

3 hours ago, danman31 said:

Mercedes with another homer. I'm not in anyway calling for him to get a call to the bigs soon, but if he sustains monster numbers in AAA (and I mean monster considering the hitting conditions) the rest of the year, I'm willing to see him at least get a cup of coffee in the bigs to see if he's got it.

Who Knows, maybe he can be like Nelson Cruz.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, danman31 said:

Mercedes with another homer. I'm not in anyway calling for him to get a call to the bigs soon, but if he sustains monster numbers in AAA (and I mean monster considering the hitting conditions) the rest of the year, I'm willing to see him at least get a cup of coffee in the bigs to see if he's got it.

I don't think that anyone is calling for him to come up soon and I'm a big fan of him as anyone. Hes putting up great numbers but we have McCann & Collins right now. Unless used as a DH. And if beef comes back theres just no room. Rather see Mercedes playing every day. But he is 26 and not getting any younger.