Best/worst heckles

35thstreetswarm

I was heartened to hear some pretty spirited heckling after the rain delay at last night's game, even if the quality was mixed.  ("Hey Minnesota, all you have is a mall" was kind of funny).  Good heckling is one of my favorite parts of baseball and I've heard some great ones over the years ("Hey Moises, your mom just called, she wanted me to tell you....BOOOOOO!"), some brutal ones ("you have a better slugging percentage at home than at the ballpark") and some inexplicably bad ones (to Dustin Pedroia:  "Hey Dustin, you look like you're made of dust."  "Hey Pede-y, go smoke some weed-y").  On this off-day I wanted to poll the site for peoples' best (and worst) heckling stories.  Any good ones?

I was at the game where Mike Cameron hit 4 home runs against the Sox. We had tickets from my mom's work, so we were in what are today the scout seats. Jeff Cirillo started the game 0-3 with a sacrifice fly. I believe it was starting in the 7th inning that a fan in our section started yelling at him, "HITLESS IN SEATTLE, CIRILLO!" and in that AB he grounded out to SS. The next AB the fan was giving it to him even harder, but still yelling, "HITLESS IN SEATTLE!" Well in his last AB Jeff Cirillo hit a home run and after he rounded third base he gave this guy a stare down the entire way to home plate. As I recall the fan played it off pretty well and I think gave him a standing ovation.

1 hour ago, TomPickle said:

I was at the game where Mike Cameron hit 4 home runs against the Sox. We had tickets from my mom's work, so we were in what are today the scout seats. Jeff Cirillo started the game 0-3 with a sacrifice fly. I believe it was starting in the 7th inning that a fan in our section started yelling at him, "HITLESS IN SEATTLE, CIRILLO!" and in that AB he grounded out to SS. The next AB the fan was giving it to him even harder, but still yelling, "HITLESS IN SEATTLE!" Well in his last AB Jeff Cirillo hit a home run and after he rounded third base he gave this guy a stare down the entire way to home plate. As I recall the fan played it off pretty well and I think gave him a standing ovation.

I also was at that game.  I was about 3 rows behind the scout seats. I remember Cameron putting a 5th one on the warning track.  Him and Boone  also went back to back jacks in the 1st inning and then also went back to back jacks AGAIN in the same inning . Don't think that has ever been done before or since