#CeaseDay Tomorrow

KnightsOnMintSt

what does bringing up Cease now do to his team controlled years, like are there deadlines that the Sox couldve waited for this year that would have extended the Sox control of him for another year?

edit: just for clarification I'm not arguing for keeping him in the minors, i wanted him called up

Edited by Real

3 minutes ago, Real said:

what does bringing up Cease now do to his team controlled years, like are there deadlines that the Sox couldve waited for this year that would have extended the Sox control of him for another year?

They are all passed. Super 2 passed last month, the next "deadline" would have been to wait until middle of next April. Calling him up now is the right move.

• Like 1

I am anxious to see Cease pitch, but other than that, I have no large expectations. But I do want to see what the excitement is all about. The frustrating thing about this long rebuild is that young players are hurt or still in the minors developing. We won't truly know how the rebuild is going until the players like Cease get their shot.