GT: Tigers (27-52) @ White Sox (39-42), July 3

soxfan49

First off...no one should be surprised he's having this issue. He had it in AAA and he's going to have it in the MLB.  That said, you can see the stuff. The Sox have him up and they are going to try and let him continue to develop at the big league level.  Lets hope he stays healthy and can adapt and Sox coaching staff can work with him on the command (which I think they can).  

I've seen one inning and already seen a fastball, curve and slider that flashed. You can see the dude has ace stuff. He also isn't super long so they should be able to work with that command.  The big issue with him, longer term, will be his slighter frame, but with pitches, its impossible to know either way.  

• Love 1

Cease's curveball is a beauty but his fastball is running to the left side of the plate, since he can't locate that he's getting roughed up right now. Don't matter if you're throwing 98 if they're not strikes.

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

First off...no one should be surprised he's having this issue. He had it in AAA and he's going to have it in the MLB.  That said, you can see the stuff. The Sox have him up and they are going to try and let him continue to develop at the big league level.  Lets hope he stays healthy and can adapt and Sox coaching staff can work with him on the command (which I think they can).  

That curve is so good, and there's clearly life on the fastball. I'm not even going to sweat the command for a quite a while