GT: Tigers (27-52) @ White Sox (39-42), July 3

soxfan49

Seems to me that McCann probably helped Cease out big time today. Realized Cease was getting more mileage out of his offspeed and just kept calling it. Had some bold sequences, like tripling up the change to strike out the lefty. I bet he wasn't getting that with Collins and Zavala, especially if he was doing more of his own pitch calling. Sometimes a catcher believes in some of your pitches more than you do and pushes you into using them.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

We've seen all 3 of Kopech, Cease and Giolito at the MLB level now. How would you line 'em up? 

Cease has better stuff than all of them, well at least among our guys(haven't seen enough of Cole). Kopech never put up the K rate numbers that Cease had in the minors prior to his AAA struggles this year.

Assuming Kopech comes back well enough, getting 3/5 starters, one of which looks like a legit TOR, out of all this is definitely not a bad result. Always thought people expecting a fully home grown rotation where asking for way too much even when it looked like the had all the arms in the world. 

6 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

Stuff: Kopech, Cease, Giolito

Results: Giolito, Cease, Kopech

Fastball: Kopech, Cease, Giolito 

Curveball: Cease, Kopech, Giolito 

Slider: Giolito, Kopech, Cease 

Changeup: Giolito, Cease, Kopech

Command: Giolito, Kopech, Cease

Overall: who cares, we have 3 ace quality pitchers. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 minute ago, Jake said:

Seems to me that McCann probably helped Cease out big time today. Realized Cease was getting more mileage out of his offspeed and just kept calling it. Had some bold sequences, like tripling up the change to strike out the lefty. I bet he wasn't getting that with Collins and Zavala, especially if he was doing more of his own pitch calling. Sometimes a catcher believes in some of your pitches more than you do and pushes you into using them.

McCann really does call a great game.  I am more impressed by that than his surprising offense this year.  He seems to really prepare for every opponent and works so well with his pitchers (from Giolito to Detwiler).  He is a keeper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Fastballs: Kopech, Cease, Giolito 

Curveball: Cease, Kopech, Giolito 

Slider: Giolito, Kopech, Cease 

Changeup: Giolito, Cease, Kopech

Command: Giolito, Kopech, Cease

Overall: who cares, we have 3 ace quality pitchers. 

Kopech has a better slider than Giolito IMO.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Kopech has a better slider than Giolito IMO.

Arguable. Giolito's slider has been among the best, if not the best in baseball this year among starters so idk. Kopech hasn't pitched this year so we shall see. 

Edited by Jack Parkman