GT: Tigers (27-52) @ White Sox (39-42), July 3

soxfan49

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Sure when you equate it to other areas in the game, but SB is absolutely essential in analytics. Moncada should be a walking 20-20 guy at MINIMUM. 

Well as we saw there it's hard to fucking run in front of Abreu.  Frankly I'm not sure I even want Moncada spinning his wheel 2-3 times a game over there and increasing his injury risk with such a free swinger at the plate.  Next year might be different if Eloy or McCann is the 3rd hitter.

Just now, BigHurt3515 said:

I can't believe we are wasting Bummer in a 4 run game against the Tigers. Ricky is an idiot

You trust Herrera? I don't. That said, if you're using Bummer here use him for the last two innings and save him for the Cubs. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Well as we saw there it's hard to fucking run in front of Abreu.  Frankly I'm not sure I even want Moncada spinning his wheel 2-3 times a game over there and increasing his injury risk with such a free swinger at the plate.  Next year might be different if Eloy or McCann is the 3rd hitter.

Touche. Would like to see that tool show up more in his game is all I'm saying. Hell he only stole 12 bags last year when he was stealing 40+ in the minors. 

• Like 1

Just now, SoxAce said:

Touche. Would like to see that tool show up more in his game is all I'm saying. Hell he only stole 12 bags last year when he was stealing 40+ in the minors. 

I'm with ya.  It's a waste not to have him running more.  We'll see how it goes without Jose behind him eventually.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Why are we wasting Bummer here?  At least let him go two innings please.

Use him for the final two. Rest tomorrow, off day Friday.... Fresh for the 2 games vs the Cubs. 

If this is the plan, I am fine with it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

For as much as I hated this offseason, its a fun time to be a Sox fan. Even if not everyone pans out and not everyone hits their ceilings, this season has been like that time between when you buy a lottery ticket and when the actual drawing is... thinking of all the possibilities....

Well said

1 minute ago, Charlie Haeger's Knuckles said:

For as much as I hated this offseason, its a fun time to be a Sox fan. Even if not everyone pans out and not everyone hits their ceilings, this season has been like that time between when you buy a lottery ticket and when the actual drawing is... thinking of all the possibilities....

Yea it's been a whirlwind of emotions.

3 minutes ago, Richie said:

Use him for the final two. Rest tomorrow, off day Friday.... Fresh for the 2 games vs the Cubs. 

If this is the plan, I am fine with it. 

Then use him in the 2nd game or get three days off by not throwing at all today if he isn't needed. There is no reason to throw him at all if you don't need to use him.

Edited by BigHurt3515