GT: Tigers (27-52) @ White Sox (39-42), July 3

soxfan49

Cease learned a bit about himself today.  His nerves had him on edge and he saw that he could still beat a major league team.  I liked the pace at which he pitched and his stuff looked really good.  Was really good with his off pace stuff.  Kind of lost it whenever he tried to throw the fast ball through the wall.  Learning to be a major leaguer is all part of the maturation process.  I'd like to see Robert & Madrigal come up and get their feet wet as well.  Every one of these future core need some time to feel comfortable at this level.  Rather do that this year when the wins and losses are less important.  We can compete next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wegner said:

Thanks.  I figured that but wanted an opinion whether Jay was dogging it.

Nice win.  Let's sweep the series and get to .500

I didn’t hear Farmers call but it wasnt really a “fly” ball he got a good piece of it

Just now, beckham15 said:

I didn’t hear Farmers call but it wasnt really a “fly” ball he got a good piece of it

He made it sound like a routine out and I was excited for a nice win then nope it's over his head.  I was confused.  Maybe it is time for Ed to get that job with Windy City Limo.

28 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Congrats Cease......time to let Herrera go

3 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

It's sad when I saw the score was 7-3 in the 7th, then see the final score as 7-5. I had one question. Herrera? Looked at the box score and of course. 

Cease didn't pitch great but he got the win. 

Herrera is a complete gas can and looks like burnt toast. He will be sent out to pasture ala Alonso early next year if he continues to wet the bed every time out. 

4 minutes ago, WilliamTell said:

It's sad when I saw the score was 7-3 in the 7th, then see the final score as 7-5. I had one question. Herrera? Looked at the box score and of course. 

I'm glad I was busy and didn't see the last inning. Otherwise, I think this is a significant day for the team.  If others look ready in the minors, the team should not hesitate to bring them up.