GT: Tigers (27-52) @ White Sox (39-42), July 3

soxfan49

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yeah, some of Leury’s errors are frustrating but I don’t see another option.  Surprised he seems to have gotten better at CF when middle infield was his original position.

He is a very serviceable and versatile utility player...nothing more.

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Hell, I'd rather have Alceides Escobar up here playing short and Rondon to the minors until TA comes back 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

You could make an argument for Escobar defensively but the downgrade with the bat isn't worth it. 

You could have made that argument 5 years ago. There is a reason he is still in Charlotte while other no bat shortstops like Hechevarria and Mercer are in the big leagues.

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

You could have made that argument 5 years ago. There is a reason he is still in Charlotte while other no bat shortstops like Hechevarria and Mercer are in the big leagues.

I thought that it was because his bat is dreadful, not because his defense has declined. 

Just now, Moan4Yoan said:

[Ron] He only hits when it doesn’t count! [/Ron]

I mean, it's true.  You can argue it has nothing to do with pressure or lack of but it's true.  When the Sox are long out of the playoff hunt Jose turns it up.  Is there something more there than he likes the hotter weather?  Probably not, but it's interesting.