GT: Tigers (27-52) @ White Sox (39-42), July 3

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Fastball: Kopech, Cease, Giolito 

Curveball: Cease, Kopech, Giolito 

Slider: Giolito, Kopech, Cease 

Changeup: Giolito, Cease, Kopech

Command: Giolito, Kopech, Cease

Overall: who cares, we have 3 ace quality pitchers. 

It is only five innings but I find Cease more impressive than Kopech. Kopech will need to work on his command among other things. But the potential is there for an excellent rotation. If the Sox go out and get a quality starter in the off season, the team will have a good chance to compete in 2020. No more trading for prospects.

10 minutes ago, Jake said:

Seems to me that McCann probably helped Cease out big time today. Realized Cease was getting more mileage out of his offspeed and just kept calling it. Had some bold sequences, like tripling up the change to strike out the lefty. I bet he wasn't getting that with Collins and Zavala, especially if he was doing more of his own pitch calling. Sometimes a catcher believes in some of your pitches more than you do and pushes you into using them.

ding ding ding. which is why AAA numbers, especially with the live ball were too heavily scrutinized. he will only get better as McCann learns him more. McCann is a must sign for them at this point. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He's one of only 3 #MLB prospects who has a 70+ fastball & 65+ breaking ball. Who are the others?

Whitley, Gore and Mize?

If he's one of 3, you'd only be listing two guys, but my guess would be Mize and Gore

2 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

It is only five innings but I find Cease more impressive than Kopech. Kopech will need to work on his command among other things. But the potential is there for an excellent rotation. If the Sox go out and get a quality starter in the off season, the team will have a good chance to compete in 2020. No more trading for prospects.

Cease absolutely has a better arsenal than Kopech. Giolito does too. Kopech has the biggest fastball. It is going to be interesting to see which one turns out the best.