And That's A Dylan Cease White Sox Winner!

SoxAce

38 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Absolutely huge step for the rebuild.  We are getting close and once we get Kopech, Robert, Madrigal, & Vaughn here we will be ready for fucking battle.

Our entire infield, 2/3 of the outfield, and 3/5 of the starting rotation will feature genuine, elite talent once they’re all up here and running.  The ‘20s really could be the Renaissance of White Sox baseball!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Our entire infield, 2/3 of the outfield, and 3/5 of the starting rotation will feature genuine, elite talent once they’re all up here and running.  The ‘20s really could be the Renaissance of White Sox baseball!

You are right that the '20's can be something, But more right moves have to be made and the rebuilding blocks have to be constructed in the right way. For the moment, there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully, the team can avoid more serious injuries.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Absolutely huge step for the rebuild.  We are getting close and once we get Kopech, Robert, Madrigal, & Vaughn here we will be ready for fucking battle.

10 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

after that first inning he settled in very nicely. Once he finds that fastball control look out, very impressive breaking pitches

This is a good year to bring Madrigal & Robert up and get them integrated into the major leagues.  Better to do it this year when wins are less important.  We have seen Anderson, Gio, Moncada, Eloy and now Cease all have new guy adjustment issues.  Their continued improvement at the major league level actually may be at a faster pace then would have been possible in the minors.

I have watched all 3 of the Sox "Big 3" pitchers (Kopech, Cease, Giolito) and from a pure quality of arsenal standpoint (just pure stuff, not including command) Cease has the best arsenal. I can honestly say he has 4 plus pitches. Giolito has 3 and Kopech has 2. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

11 minutes ago, poppysox said:

This is a good year to bring Madrigal & Robert up and get them integrated into the major leagues.  Better to do it this year when wins are less important.  We have seen Anderson, Gio, Moncada, Eloy and now Cease all have new guy adjustment issues.  Their continued improvement at the major league level actually may be at a faster pace then would have been possible in the minors.

They will be up next year imo, its much better to play the service time game with position players. Pitchers have a clock on their arms, unless they juice like Verlander.

2 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

They will be up next year imo, its much better to play the service time game with position players. Pitchers have a clock on their arms, unless they juice like Verlander.

It is a major consideration I understand.  That is why Eloy was extended so I assume RH is working on those types of things.

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Moist.

Can the Sox Twitter account not mention Scott Carroll and Dylan Cease in the same sentence? It’s like a bad omen.

What was everyone’s impressions of his first start? I missed it but it looked like he got in trouble with walks and then settled in with the exception of a long ball.

54 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Can the Sox Twitter account not mention Scott Carroll and Dylan Cease in the same sentence? It’s like a bad omen.

What was everyone’s impressions of his first start? I missed it but it looked like he got in trouble with walks and then settled in with the exception of a long ball.

He couldn’t have had any less command with the fastball, but McCann went to offspeed stuff and he gutted it out. His offspeed stuff looked great. Much better change up than I was expecting. Threw two different breaking balls...an 80 mph hammer that he could throw for strikes, and an 85/86 mph slider (or tight curve ball). 

Overall, I was very impressed with his stuff. He he can command the fastball, he’s going to be very, very good. 

2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Where does that come from?

3 hours ago, Fan O'Faust said:

Just need to supplement in free agency and we’re all set.

6 hours ago, Fan O'Faust said:

The Roaring 20's ! Nah maybe that's better if we were the Tigers and they get good.

On 7/3/2019 at 5:37 PM, Chicago White Sox said:

We will at least win a few more skirmishes.  I think Cease having such a good relationship with Gio will help a great deal in his development.

Sox need to learn how to hit on their first round picks outside of the top 10 to sustain any kind of momentum past 2021

cant have so many busted top picks (Fields, BA, Broadway, Beckham, Walker, Poreda, Mitchell, Hawkins, Barnum....)