Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
soxfan49

Vaughn to Kannapolis

Recommended Posts

I’d love to see him force his way to AA by the end of the year. Doesn’t need to happen but it would bode well for him coming up ASAP in 2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The level is probably a bit easy for a college bat that advanced and they could have started him in high A but nothing wrong with gaining a bit of confidence by destroying that level. But good they didn't start him in rookie ball that would have been too much.

 

There Really is no rush for him, he will probably reach AA by the end of the year anyway or they so it like the cubs with schwarber who played out the first year in A+ and then started the second year in AA.

I could see him destroying A and AA similar to schwarber

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Anyone else think he goes to the AFL?

Did Madrigal? Id say they are going to have a similar pqth for vaughn imo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, dominik-keul@gmx.de said:

I think only if he gets hurt and misses a month or more. He had a long college season and can use the rest in fall.

AFL is not that stressful.  They don't play every day, not even close to it.  Next year, I hope he will be too advanced for AFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, oldsox said:

AFL is not that stressful.  They don't play every day, not even close to it.  Next year, I hope he will be too advanced for AFL

Yeah usually you don't go to the AFL after you win your rookie of the year award.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Did Madrigal? Id say they are going to have a similar pqth for vaughn imo

Madrigal was coming off an injury though, I think they will be more aggressive with Vaughn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

I give it 2 weeks.

I think this is a good estimate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Was hoping he would go straight to WS, but his rise will be meteoric and exciting no matter where he goes. 

I was too . Test him right away . I know everyone says there's no need to rush him but personally I'd like to see him challenged right away. A hot couple of weeks in Kanny or a less then stellar 2 weeks there means nothing since baseball is not really a game where talent can be judged so quickly. Give him more time in WS to see if he can handle. If the can get to AA and produce there for a month  then  he could be in AAA by May or June 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

I’d love to see him force his way to AA by the end of the year. Doesn’t need to happen but it would bode well for him coming up ASAP in 2020

2020 is pressing it.  I’d be happy with Robert and Madrigal in 2020 and Vaughn in 2021.  He almost certainly needs a full year in the minors.  A/A+ this year, AA/AAA next year.  That’s still really quick.  

Edited by bighurt574

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, bighurt574 said:

2020 is pressing it.  I’d be happy with Robert and Madrigal in 2020 and Vaughn in 2021.  He almost certainly needs a full year in the minors.  A/A+ this year, AA/AAA next year.  That’s still really quick.  

Recent college bats that have gone to the majors a year after being drafted:

 

2015 MLB Draft

#1 Dansby Swanson (569 PAs in minors before coming up)

#2 Alex Bregman (679 PAs in minors before coming up)

#6 Andrew Benintendi (657 PAs in minors before coming up)

2014 MLB Draft

#4 Kyle Schwarber (621 PAs in minors before coming up)

#10 Michael Conforto (589 PAs in minors before coming up)

#13 Trea Turner (871 PAs in minors before coming up)

 

The only reason Kris Bryant didn't come up in 2014 was because of service time manipulation. Vaughn is supposed to be one of the best college hitters of all time, if he is raking in the minors and ready by the All-Star break next year then bring him up. 

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

Recent college bats that have gone to the majors a year after being drafted:

 

2015 MLB Draft

#1 Dansby Swanson (569 PAs in minors before coming up)

#2 Alex Bregman (679 PAs in minors before coming up)

#6 Andrew Benintendi (657 PAs in minors before coming up)

2014 MLB Draft

#4 Kyle Schwarber (621 PAs in minors before coming up)

#10 Michael Conforto (589 PAs in minors before coming up)

#13 Trea Turner (871 PAs in minors before coming up)

 

The only reason Kris Bryant didn't come up in 2014 was because of service time manipulation. Vaughn is supposed to be one of the best college hitters of all time, if he is raking in the minors and ready by the All-Star break next year then bring him up. 

 

I don't know if there's anyone here who has as consistently opposed the white sox rushing people over the years as me, so keep that in mind when I say this.

I want him up earlier than that. He has a good spring training and a good month in AA next year and he's my first baseman. If something goes wrong and his numbers aren't there, fine...but this is a hitter who should be ready to go. 

Get him to AA this year. Are they heading to the southern league playoffs? Start him in AA next year, let him prove he's better than those guys (he absolutely should be) and f*** it, throw him into the fire. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sox Fan In Husker Land said:

Recent college bats that have gone to the majors a year after being drafted:

 

2015 MLB Draft

#1 Dansby Swanson (569 PAs in minors before coming up)

#2 Alex Bregman (679 PAs in minors before coming up)

#6 Andrew Benintendi (657 PAs in minors before coming up)

2014 MLB Draft

#4 Kyle Schwarber (621 PAs in minors before coming up)

#10 Michael Conforto (589 PAs in minors before coming up)

#13 Trea Turner (871 PAs in minors before coming up)

 

The only reason Kris Bryant didn't come up in 2014 was because of service time manipulation. Vaughn is supposed to be one of the best college hitters of all time, if he is raking in the minors and ready by the All-Star break next year then bring him up. 

 

Definitely, the top college bats are usually ready within a year. However the question is whether you want to start his clock. 

If the sox have another bad start next spring they might want to wait a little longer until 2021. But if he rakes in june next year and the sox compete he might be up in august to help down the stretch.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×