7/6 Games

soxfan49

47 minutes ago, OneDog847 said:

Just looked up his numbers at AA. Good god, what happened with this dude? 

All I can think of is that it's a mental thing with him. It's happened to pitchers before, just can no longer find the strike zone and the more they think about it the worse it gets.

But with him it is incredible, going from leading all minor league pitchers in strikeouts to a guy getting ready to take a quick ride to retirement.

With Fulmer I think it is a combination of his bizarre delivery which cause him to miss often his release point, the fact that the Sox rushed him in my opinion to the majors in some misguided effort to "justify" their selection of him and then having had his delivery tweeked and changed so often that the guy no longer knows which way is up.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Lip Man 1 said:

All I can think of is that it's a mental thing with him. It's happened to pitchers before, just can no longer find the strike zone and the more they think about it the worse it gets.

But with him it is incredible, going from leading all minor league pitchers in strikeouts to a guy getting ready to take a quick ride to retirement.

With Fulmer I think it is a combination of his bizarre delivery which cause him to miss often his release point, the fact that the Sox rushed him in my opinion to the majors in some misguided effort to "justify" their selection of him and then having had his delivery tweeked and changed so often that the guy no longer knows which way is up.

Great post.

8 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Yermin is a dude that has produced at every level. And he doesn’t strike out for someone with + power. Hope the Sox give him a look soon. 

He certainly earned it. Age or prospect status be damned. 

The Cardinals give players like this a shot and got some nice returns like Allan Craig or Jose Martinez.

Ha I noticed how well he was hitting last year and was on him when I made a thread about him last year when I noticed he was still in Winston Salem . Glad to see they moved him up a couple of levels since then and he continues to mash. I think the Sox do have their eye on him and will definitely get a call up in September.