Robert to Charlotte? Per his Instagram

KrankinSox

Am I alone in thinking that Robert has the highest ceiling in the system? He’s plays up the middle in CF, he’s super toolsy with all five of his tools above average at the very least and looks to be an offensive force. 

I think he’s up in September. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DirtySox said:

I really hope we see Madrigal joining him soon. Mainly curious to see how he fares with the juiced MLB ball.

Madrigal should just come straight to the majors. If he had some swing and miss issues I could see him benefiting from AAA before the big league but he doesn't need it. 

6 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Madrigal should just come straight to the majors. If he had some swing and miss issues I could see him benefiting from AAA before the big league but he doesn't need it. 

But he was a horrible pick at 4- why rush such a shitty pick to the majors?

28 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

Am I alone in thinking that Robert has the highest ceiling in the system? He’s plays up the middle in CF, he’s super toolsy with all five of his tools above average at the very least and looks to be an offensive force. 

He absolutely has the highest ceiling in terms of a complete player. 

3 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

I think it's Moncada, but Robert isn't far behind. 

3 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

I don’t think Robert and Madrigal are up until next year a few weeks into the season like Kris Bryant.

14 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

Nope Robert is an amazingly talented individual, He has size , speed, quick bat, power, hit tool  everything you want (well maybe not great plate discipline) plus plays a premium position, He has the potential to be the 2nd best CF in baseball in a short time and a perennial All Star and top 5 or 10 position player in the game .

His challenge will be to learn not to swing the bat and become a better player by being more selective to what he does swing at.

16 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

Nope.  You're definitely not alone in thinking that.  I saw someone mentioned Moncada. He has a very high ceiling too. They both will be allstars and at premium positions. Normally I would say jumping 4 levels in 1 season is to fast. And it maybe to fast for Robert. But he is so talented and with so many tools! Just 2 months ago he was at W/S!  It also wouldn't surprise me if Omar Vizquel has been talking to Hahn, and to the organization about Robert ( Madrigal too for that matter). That he's ready for AAA or more. You've gotta think Vizquel has a good eye for talent, IQ, and all the little things that are important in a player. He's managed him in each of the last 2 seasons. I know I would be interested in his take on him.

18 hours ago, Joshua Strong said:

I don't think anyone even remotely disagrees with that.

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Weird...did I hallucinate that Mize was getting TJS? I had no idea that he just had shoulder inflammation and was rehabbing per that BP article.

it turned out to be mild shoulder inflammation and the Tigers being incredibly cautious.  He should be fine although obviously anytime you hear "shoulder inflammation" and "starting pitcher" you get nervous.

• Thanks 1