There's a fooking ballgame today folks! Cubs vs Sox!

ron883

1 minute ago, fathom said:

I like you as a poster, but it’s ok to just admit he sucked in a game.  You don’t need to act as Giolito’s publicist...we all like him.

No dude, I admit he sucked against the Cubs. He's given up more than 3 ER in a start only 4 times all season. 2 of them came against the Cubs. 

This was a grueling stretch for a guy just finding himself. I'm not making excuses or anything for him. He's human and that is all. Every pitcher gets lit from time to time. Shit happens. I just hate that his two worst outings of the season happened to come against the fucking Cubs. I'm going to have to hear about it for 12 fucking months. I'm not happy either. 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

I can barely listen to sports radio in Chicago anymore because it’s either Len or Jesse Rogers on seemingly 5 times a day on either channel.

The best is Bruce Levine who can change every conversation to the Cubs in a matter of seconds.  He has been talking about the Cubs trading for leadoff hitter Whit Merrifield for over a month.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

The best is Bruce Levine who can change every conversation to the Cubs in a matter of seconds.  He has been talking about the Cubs trading for leadoff hitter Whit Merrifield for over a month.

They were saying Schwarber and Alzolay would get it done yesterday lmao

1 minute ago, mqr said:

They were saying Schwarber and Alzolay would get it done yesterday lmao

In his mind, Bruce Levine has traded Schwarber for every all star in either league over the last 3 years

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

Benetti is more universally liked than some Sox fans would admit. And he's gotten a lot better in the last year. His biggest issue with some fans is that he isn't Hawk.

He would be doing himself a big favor if he dropped his comedy routine and called the game.  It’s flat-out embarrassing.  I do like when Stone goes silent on his really bad corny jokes.

Edited by Moan4Yoan

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I just hate that his two worst outings of the season happened to come against the fucking Cubs. I'm going to have to hear about it for 12 fucking months. I'm not happy either. 

It's more annoying hearing the meatball Cubs fans on Twitter and such calling him overrated or saying he sucks. He literally is a stud vs everyone else but that team. It happens.

8 minutes ago, fathom said:

I can barely listen to sports radio in Chicago anymore because it’s either Len or Jesse Rogers on seemingly 5 times a day on either channel.

I listen to podcasts of the different local shows. I skip the Cubs segments. I'm not sure why Jesse Rogers is on each show every day. It's incredible. 

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

He would be doing himself a big favor if he dropped his comedy routine and called the game.  It’s flat-out embarrassing.  I do like when Stone goes silent on his really bad corny jokes.

I can't stand when he comments about what fans are doing in the stands EVERY SINGLE TIME the camera randomly goes on them. Otherwise, he has really grown on me. 

47 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

He did? He was fine for the first 4 innings. He lost his mechanics in the 5th. Enough with the nervous and spazzy shit. You all sound so stupid

He was literally pacing back and forth in the dugout like a madman prior to heading out to pitch. Perhaps the spazzyness or nervousness was why his mechanics changed? Something sparked a change in his mechanics . Thanks for calling us stupid though. He we will obviously grow from this start and I’m not worried about him moving forward. 

Edited by GreatScott82

1 minute ago, GreatScott82 said:

He was literally pacing back and forth in the dugout like a madman prior to heading out to pitch. Perhaps the spazzyness or nervousness was why his mechanics changed? Something sparked a change in his mechanics . Thanks for calling us stupid though. He we will obviously grow from this start and I’m not worried about him moving forward. 

Yeah, tweet Steve Stone then and take it up with him. Pitchers pace back and forth sometimes to stay loose. It's not nerves.

Just now, soxfan49 said:

I've seen Robel Garcia play about 12 innings now and I already can't wait until their fans buy his shireys like hotcakes only to see him in fucking Albania playing by 2022

Lahair-esque

2 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I've seen Robel Garcia play about 12 innings now and I already can't wait until their fans buy his shireys like hotcakes only to see him in fucking Albania playing by 2022

Nothing tops the racist Fukudome shirts.