White Sox vs Cubs 1:10 PM Nova vs Hendricks

Kyyle23

Something tells me that White Sox fans are feeling better about their team than Cub fans are feeling about theirs. This is despite the fact the Cubs are tied for the division lead, and the White Sox have little chance of going to the playoffs.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, bubba phillips said:

Say that you had known that Nova and Giolito would each pitch 2 games against the Cubs.  What would have been the chances that Nova would throw 2 great games and Giolito would be the one to get bombed in both of his?

I'm glad that an ALC team is not that team that owns Giolito. In a given season, there is a chance that Giolito never faces the Cubs. The maximum he'd face them is twice. He owns ALC opponents and I'd take that 7 days a week and twice on Sunday even if it means he might get bombed in his 1-2 starts vs. the Cubs. Every time we needed Sale to win a big game against the Indians or Twins he was a lock for 4+ ER. Giolito owns the ALC, and that is far more important. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

1 hour ago, NWINFan said:

Something tells me that White Sox fans are feeling better about their team than Cub fans are feeling about theirs. This is despite the fact the Cubs are tied for the division lead, and the White Sox have little chance of going to the playoffs.

I'll take the split just to keep their fans quiet. Of course, now they'll act like these games aren't important to them (despite showing up in full force to each of the games).

14 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I'll take the split just to keep their fans quiet. Of course, now they'll act like these games aren't important to them (despite showing up in full force to each of the games).

When I was at the last Tigers game there were three Cubs fans sitting behind me talking shit. They called Gio garbage, and our rebuild garbage. Their fans act like they don't give a crap about us or the rivalry. We definitely needed a split to shut them up and I'd like to see them miss the playoffs so we can get good media coverage coming into the season. i